Who is the next UFC fighter to reach 10+ title defenses?

• Thread starter Deleted member 549255
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 549255

Only two men in UFC history have reached double digit title defenses.

Anderson Silva - 10 title defenses (11 if you count Lutter)

FD7CE388-3D82-456F-84DE-DBFFCFEF0C94.jpeg

Demetrious Johnson - 11 title defenses

CEF0756E-9872-42E6-9B9A-DFC6B37FC4BB.jpeg

Which fighter currently has a chance to reach 10+ title defenses?

If no fighter currently, how long will it take until a great fighter comes along and defends a world title 10+ times?

When we did this thread recently the most popular vote was TJ I think.

If Max wasn't too big for his own division I'd vote for him.

It'll probably be some manlet white guy in like 5-10 years.

JJ got stripped so he won't officially count. I dunno if T Wood can do another 6 is it? Really, no one right now has much of a chance. Best guess is a new young Juggernaut.

Yeah I'd probably go with TJ, he is well-rounded, always improving and still pretty young.

Woodley seems to be a level above everyone at WW right now but he's getting up there in age and injuries might start creeping in. I could see him dominating for at least a little while though. It will be difficult but maybe he can get to 10.

Woodley. He gets past Usman and Colby the UFC will somehow end to getting MacDonald back on the roster.

That would be 7 and no one else in the division looks/would look like they can beat him.

Hard to say. I doubt that Jon stays clean for that long.

TJ maybe? Cejudo if he can beat DJ again (which I doubt)

I want to say TJ cause he's such a pro, but any one of six guys can be champ in that division on any night. TJ-Dom-Cody-Marlon-Jimmie-Assuncao. All very high level guys, I've been saying this for awhile, BW Is the most top heavy division on the roster.

Max also has the skills to, but has his own obstacles in the weight cut. Max Holloway is 27 years old and is more than likely still growing into his body. With his recent weight loss failures, how much longer can we really trust this man to make 145? As a fan this is a real shame considering he has the skills to be dominant there.

I see Tyron's name being thrown out there. The guy still fights great when he shows up, but he's been getting hurt very often. He's also 36 years old, I don't think we can expect him to break GSP's record before he retires. No doubt he'll have fought better comp on his way there, but the threads about title defenses.

In all honesty I think it will be Valentina Shevchenko, should she beat JJ, as I expect her to. JJ is her toughest comp in the division, and I think she beat's her every time. Valentina is as she likes to say "a complete fighter". She's is very dangerous, both on the feet and the ground. To the haters who claim pillow fists, she showed good power in her 125 debut. She was completely undersized at BW, and won mostly based on her skill. Valentina is also willing to fight very often, it's usually her opponents who are unwilling.

Back