Was nervous for Khabib after watching Alvarez fight

TheLastEmperorReurns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And then I realized how fucking stupid Eddie was in that fight.

I timestamped the part where his corner talks to him after round 1, where he stood up the whole round and got clipped hard 3-4 times, and his coach pleads for him to go for a takedown, even after he gets sprawled on, to keep going for it:

Of course Eddie ends up striking for the round, only pressing Conor against the cage (and getting brushed off) after he gets clipped again.

My fucking gosh, jeez.

It sucks Eddie waited until he was sapped and depleted by being dropped at least twice before he even attempted a serious takedown.

He's not the takedown artist Chad or Khabib are, but he still should have been able to ask some real fun questions of Conor's defense in that regard.

I bet he still jolts awake at night thinkiing about it.

I was drunk like you wouldn’t believe after the Alvarez fight lol, I do remember this deer in the headlights look from Alvarez for most of the fight though.

Eddie was unable to get into great position for a take down due to the superior footwork of his highly skilled opponent. People love to overlook that one. Also again his highly skilled opponent is a master of keeping the distance. Yet again something that gets overlooked.

Last edited:
Khabib >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Alvarez as a wrestler / grappler. Eddie is a much better striker than Khabib tho.

Not sure who wins this, but Khabib is an entirely different style and body type than eddie.

He's a LOT bigger & stronger than Alvarez and far superior to him as a grappler.

That said, Conor is a FAR superior striker to Khabib, and ALL fights start standing up.

Eddie was unable to get into great position for a take down due to the superior footwork of his highly skilled opponent. People loved overlook that one. Also again his highly skilled opponent is a master of keeping the distance. Yet again something that gets overlooked.
His footwork is so great that even after knocking Alvarez down, he still managed to get clinched and put against the cage.

He literally circled towards Conor's power hand for the entire fight and tried exchanging with him.

One of the biggest choke performaces I've ever seen.

tbh I still think Conor would have beaten him even if he fought better though. Eddie's offensive wrestling is not good enough. He just doesn't pose much of a threat anywhere.

Jack of all trades.

Mark Henry doesn't even know the rules.

His footwork is so great that even after knocking Alvarez down, he still managed to get clinched and put against the cage.

And he showed some defense. Imagine that. According to what I have read he doesn’t have any.

I'm a "Conor hater" but I was so glad that he mollywhooped Alvarez after that punk refused to fight Khabib and went after the money fight with McGregor acting like he was owed it after getting gifted a title shot against RDA "earned" by stalling Pettis against the fence.

/rant.

What i've been saying all along. A really stupid gameplan and performance from Eddie that made Conor look great. Eddie never tested Conor's cardio, and had he followed the same gameplan as he did versus Pettis, he would've worn Conor down a good amount by round 3. Eddie gave Conor the exact fight he wanted.

Mark Henry literally gives the worst corner advice between rounds.

Coaches that aren't able to adapt a gamelan in the middle of a fight have no business cornering fighters.

Conor is a FAR superior striker to Khabib, and ALL fights start standing up.

ALL fights?

20120417034119_top.JPG

And he showed some defense. Imagine that. According to what I have read he doesn’t have any.

If his footwork was so great, he wouldn't have been put against the cage by a fighter he just knocked down multiple times.

Things will not go good for him when Khabib puts him there, notice I said when and not if.

Khabib >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Alvarez as a wrestler / grappler. Eddie is a much better striker than Khabib tho.

Not sure who wins this, but Khabib is an entirely different style and body type than eddie.

He's a LOT bigger & stronger than Alvarez and far superior to him as a grappler.

That said, Conor is a FAR superior striker to Khabib, and ALL fights start standing up.
Being a 7/10 striker like Eddie against Conor is not even an advantage because he had just enough pride in his striking to try and stand with Conor and got tuned up against a 9.5/10.

Khabib knows he's a 5/10 striker so he won't even bother to stand.

Back