What is so special about Khabib?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I have seen his fights and against an aging Gleison Tibau he won by wall and stall. That and his fight goes to decision except Michael Johnson. Problem is, many people have finished Michael faster than Khabib or they beat Michael without getting tagged/almost KO'd which Khabib almost ended up getting.

Explain to me the appeal of Khabib. Because all I can see is a guy who gets injured or wins a forgettable decision.

Please note that I am currently a casual fan. Previously I was a TUF noob who was an avid UFC fan during the Hughes/GSP welterweight era with guys like Nick Diaz, Karo Parisyan, Joe Riggs, Sean Sherk, BJ Penn and even TUF guys like Koscheck and Sanchez.

He's Conor's next opponent.

That's it.

It'll be someone new in a few months.

He's never lost a fight, or even a single round. He dominates his opponents and often makes them look completely helpless. He's extremely dominant at his style of fighting and arguably the best grappler there's ever been.

That enough?

His top control and grappling are levels above his peers - his decisions are usually maulings.

26-0
The best wrestler/grappler in MMA

Didn't get his ass kicked by journeymen and cans like Conor

You should probably rely on your own interpretation of his fights instead of trusting a bunch of biased sherdoggers who either love him or hate him.

I heard he once wrestled a bear.

There’s this...
bearwrasslin2.gif

he is the most dominant fighter in mma right now pound for pound. undefeated in 26 professional fights and never lost a round. you seen the pressers, right? that's a never before been accomplishment in this sport. he is clearly an exceptional pedigree and extremely effective in his style of fighting. when he wipes the octagon with Conor's nearly lifeless body, that should also service as another strong testimonial of his quality.

He has the 0. It's not something you see often in MMA so it gets a little more credit than it might deserve. He's really dominant though. He was green against Tibau. Calling Tibau aging is weird because Tibau went to fight and win a lot of times, that was probably Tibau's prime (He had just beat RDA and fucked RDA up pretty bad in that fight). I, and a lot of people, thought Khabib lost that but he won all the rounds on the judges scorecards lol.

Since Khabib beat TIbau he has basically won every round and beat everybody. Until we see someone stop him from doing what he does, it's going to look super impressive even though he's just wrestlegrinding people. It's a shame the Tony fight has eluded the MMA world for so long.

He's russian

He wrestled a bear

He's dominated every fighter so far

And people dislike Conor with a deep passion

He's never lost a fight, or even a single round. He dominates his opponents and often makes them look completely helpless. He's extremely dominant at his style of fighting and arguably the best grappler there's ever been.

That enough?

That's a good answer and adequately answered my curiosity.

Very good fighter
Has had a decent run
Can't beat the cowboys, the Conor's or the Kevin lees of this world

People like wrestlers and Russia round deeze hur parts.

Conor Nuthuggers will find out on Oct 6.

Back