"His own people want him gone & I’m going to do it in the name of the Russian people" Conor McGregor

Son Peyote

★★★★★★★★
@Brown
Reaction score
A Russian commented on reddit, giving some background to Conor's comments

An interesting read if you'd like to know why Russian fans are turning on Khabib:

Russian said:
Hi there, folks.

Conor said this during the conference and I would like to let you know that Conor is not far from being right. Russian here to explain.

Russian said:
There's been a scandal involving Khabib in Russia which resulted in Khabib's losing any respect by many Russian fans, and also in creating quite a fun flashmob by Russkies. You can read about it in here (more overall info): http://www.eng.kavkaz-uzel.eu/articles/44350/

Russian said:
A couple of weeks ago a Russian singer Yegor Krid (8.9 million subscribers in insta, Khabib has 5.7 for comparison, so he's pretty big) had to cancel his concert in Dagestan (where Khabib is from) due to receiving a lot of threats in Social Media.

After Yegor Krid's posting the cancellation news on Instagram, Khabib made a screenshot of the message with his comment "Small loss".

Timati, a label owner to which Yegor Krid is signed to, also being one of the most popular Russian hiphop artists and producers, made a video reply to this saying Khabib is not the one to influence other's opinions even if Khabib is not a fan of this music, that he respects Khabib and the're not asking anyone to boycott Khabib's fights, and they are eager to solve this conflict peacefully.

To which Khabib replied with quite a nasty "He has a right to think what he wants and no b*tch will force their will upon him. Dagestan future lies within our hands (meaning Dagestani men) and not some "petushara" (hard to translate this Russian slang, "petushara" is a prison slang for those who were forcefully turned out (urban dictionary it) in prison, also any one who is an outlet/weak/just disrespected in any way. In Russian pretty macho society, this is a very harsh offence, like, the only thing after being called like this is to punch a guy, if you care).

Since then, even Ramzan Kadyrov, leader of Chechnya, called them to make peace.

Welp, any way, while Yegor Krid's songs are not loved by people who love MMA, Khabib's way of saying things and his aggresiveness raised a lot of concerns and questions in Russian sport fans society - again, it's not about liking or disliking Krid's music, it's about Khabib's aggressiveness.

People started turning from Khabib, can't say at which volume, but top comments on Sports.ru - the biggers Russian sport news site were negative about Khabib. Some Dagestani men commented there saying Khabib is a hypocrite, he still fights undressed on stage for money in front of Kafirs, so he can't call himself a faithful Muslim (I'm not sure if that's really like that in Islam).

Many turned to rooting against Khabib, and also somebody started a flashmob, posting #выйдиподКрида comments in Conor's instagram. #выйдиподКрида means #walkdowntoKrid, so hopefully Conor will really have Yegor Krid's music playing while he's walking down to the ring lol.

Hope some of you finds this amusing, because I do, and also helpful and adding to the hype, it was pretty big news among Russian sports media. Sorry for the errors, not a native speaker.

Go Conor, I guess.

Source:

That's why when Conor asked:

Conor-Putin.png

"Are you disrespecting your president? Are you disrespecting Vladamir Putin?"

Khabib went:

giphy.gif

A master of mental warfare. A genius in skulduggery. Ali in his prime.

pp,550x550.u3.jpg

This trash talk is fucking awful. I expected more for Conor.

no one cares about some teenagers

I'll leave it at this

s1200

That’s some childish trash talk n1 bullshit

I think the real reason khabib doesnt want to disrespect putin is because putin almost wiped out everyone in that region. Not because some beef with a rapper.

I like Khabib as a fighter, and he seems to have a good heart.

But he is an Islamist authoritarian who wants to control what people can say and do based on his belief system.

Have too many of those in society and back to the dark ages we go.

Lame lame lame lame. Da fook? What happened to red pantie jokes:(

Got to agree. Ali's trash talk was childish compared to Conor.
Clearly not what I was saying. Ali is a mastermind because he went based off what he saw and heard around him. He didn't have a computer where he could go research things on his opponents. If your fans have to go google wtf you're talking about, you're losing the whole point of why trash talk is entertaining.

Conor's losing his touch a bit. He's trying to hard when there used to be a time that stuff just flowed effortlessly.

This trash talk is fucking awful. I expected more for Conor.
In fairness, I don’t think it was meant to be funny for us. No fans were allowed in. I think it was all aimed at pissing off just one individual. Whether we liked it or not was irrelevant this time. jmo

i loved right when Conor put his arm around Putin his security almost flipped their shit

90% of sherbros missed the daggers Conor was saying. He was going hard at khabib. And Khabib will fight differently because of it. And most don't even acknowledge it or understand why or both.

whilst i respect a man for holding on to their values, but the thing is his values are primitive and backwards.

For whatever reason Habibi seems to be involved in a lot of drama outside the cage. Ego probably starting to get the better of him.

Back