Khabib fights both Conor and the UFC with Dana's bias.

Coconutwater

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The press conference was entertaining since I like watching two guys hype a good fight with smack talk. The only thing that really stood out from the presser that bothered me wasn't Conor drinking which is fine, but the fact that Dana accepted Conor's offer to drink.

On the surface you might think Dana is "Being festive." On a subtextual level, it represents a break with regards to major, unsaid rules of what it is to be a neutral organization. Its fine to have favorite fighters or teams, but you must fight every urge to not give in to bias sentiments. By choosing to drink Conor's whiskey you're basically sending a signal to the opposing fighter that you're more with Conor's camp than with Khabib's. It psychologically puts Khabib in a corner where he not only is fighting Conor but he's also fighting against the tides of UFC - Which is completely and totally unfair. Boxing matches have serious rules and negotiations regarding which fighter enters the ring first, whose name is billed first, which gloves are going to be used and although the bigger name usually wins, it's usually a battle between fighters and their managers, NOT THE ACTUAL SANCTIONING BODY OR ORGANIZATION.

Dana's whiskey drink shattered any pretense that this fight is right and just. This is no exaggeration or millennial pussy rant, it's reality. It's like the Woodley thing, the guy fights hard, tries his best, doesn't take crap and Dana openly chastises him, your own organization works against you. Conor has this additional advantage going into the octagon and it is an advantage that has nothing to do with training or psychological warfare (which is fair game), Conor's got the benefit of the favoritism.

Yea, he should have said no to an official sponsor in front of 500k people.

{<huh}

dana-white-the-seth-davis-show-video.jpg

The press were all paid shills as well trying to get under Khabib's skin, and he still came out on top.

Dana is an absolute goof.

There is a reason Conor drank from a different bottle.

It's was just that Brazilian vitality tea he drinks often.

The press were all paid shills as well trying to get under Khabib's skin, and he still came out on top.

Dana is an absolute goof.
Mysterio, has made another 50 posts since 330 this morning. You fucking numbskull. Use this energy into finding a job. Honestly, if you spent as much time on something productive, you might feel good about yourself.

YOure off the fucking deep end dummy

Plus Conor can enter the fight drunk and Khabib can't because he doesn't drink.

Also, Conor's after party may well be more lit.

Fuck!!

I get your point but I don't think it's any secret Dana is never neutral when Conor is involved and that Khabib has the more dangerous style in this matchup. As someone pointed out that whiskey is a sponsor AND Dana drinks so why not big up a sponsor?

Khabib knew going against the biggest star in the sport would be an uphill battle I'm sure.

To be fair
Not saying khabib would, because he wouldn't because of religious reasons...

But Dana would probably have drank vodka if Khabib handed him a glass.

But I do agree the favoritism towards Conor is quite disgusting.

There is a reason Conor drank from a different bottle.

It's was just that Brazilian vitality tea he drinks often.
wait wait wait

you are that bum who said Conor wouldn't give Khabib a pay day. <{Heymansnicker}><JonesLaugh><JonesLaugh><JonesLaugh><JonesLaugh>

C9B2F217-D3C7-4917-A226-DF9DCC80D299.jpeg
The press conference was entertaining since I like watching two guys hype a good fight with smack talk. The only thing that really stood out from the presser that bothered me wasn't Conor drinking which is fine, but the fact that Dana accepted Conor's offer to drink.

On the surface you might think Dana is "Being festive." On a subtextual level, it represents a break with regards to major, unsaid rules of what it is to be a neutral organization. Its fine to have favorite fighters or teams, but you must fight every urge to not give in to bias sentiments. By choosing to drink Conor's whiskey you're basically sending a signal to the opposing fighter that you're more with Conor's camp than with Khabib's. It psychologically puts Khabib in a corner where he not only is fighting Conor but he's also fighting against the tides of UFC - Which is completely and totally unfair. Boxing matches have serious rules and negotiations regarding which fighter enters the ring first, whose name is billed first, which gloves are going to be used and although the bigger name usually wins, it's usually a battle between fighters and their managers, NOT THE ACTUAL SANCTIONING BODY OR ORGANIZATION.

Dana's whiskey drink shattered any pretense that this fight is right and just. This is no exaggeration or millennial pussy rant, it's reality. It's like the Woodley thing, the guy fights hard, tries his best, doesn't take crap and Dana openly chastises him, your own organization works against you. Conor has this additional advantage going into the octagon and it is an advantage that has nothing to do with training or psychological warfare (which is fair game), Conor's got the benefit of the favoritism.

Yea, he should have said no to an official sponsor in front of 500k people.

{<huh}

The UFC shouldn’t have accepted sponsorship from an active fighter period. Talk about a conflict of interest.

Already making excuses for the loss I see?

Khabib will win.
Just like Stipe and Woodley, it's tradition.

Yeah and khabib knew it was gonna be like this from the get go "I'm gonna smash your boy"

i'm reminded of a thread before (I think it was) Tito v Chuck II, when they had advertising for this TV show in the cage, and the poster was concerned that gave Chuck an unfair advantage over Tito.

this thread is marginally less daft.

Well, Habib should have brought some delicious Tiramisu to offer up
1200px-Tiramisu_with_blueberries_and_raspberries%2C_July_2011.jpg

Mmm. Doesn't that shit look good?!

Conor and Khabib are both ok, in my eyes...fandom wise. I'm not particularly infatuated with either of them, and I don't hate either of them. That being said, UFC isn't going to be able to swing any bias in the fight at all. Conor will probably get taken down, rode like a bull, and pounded like an old french whore.

I hope not, i'd like to see these guys throw down, but that's not what Khabib does. He throws people down, and unless Conor nails that deadly left, i've sene nothing that hints at Conor being able to stop Khabib doing what he pleases

Back