Conor showing desperation?

Dirge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
That press conference seemed very forced on Conor's part and I think it's because he is under a huge amount of pressure.

From a legacy perspective Khabib is currently his biggest threat. Ferguson, Conor would likely be favored to win given their fight styles.

GSP, if Conor loses there is little negative impact as GSP is bigger, etc.

However, Khabib is the one fighter at 155 that has the necessary tools to beat Conor and clearly he knows it.

I've never been a fan of Conor's antics but in the past they came off as entertaining. This go round he seems very desperate to establish some type of notariety in the event that things go sideways for him.

There really isn't anyone else that would be a threat to Conor at 155.

My estimation is that Conor is going to use an extraordinary amount of energy leading up to the fight trying to do his normal Conor thing while Khabib isn't going to drop an ounce of energy that he doesn't have too (with the exception of training). Come fight night, they'll get in the cage, and Khabib is going to drag Conor into the deepest waters he's ever been too and drown him.

This and all threads like it need to be stickied imo.

What would we do if we missed out on such important perspectives from black belts like dirge?

Proper 12 goes down smooth, with a delicious finish

Conor was drunk, a victim of his own world class whisky

Drink responsibly my friends

of course its forced.

you think conor walks around his friends and family, blood vessels popping on forehead.... screaming about glass and rats.

its a wwe show.

are people really this dense?

I thought Khabib looked confused, lost and shook AF. Ready to place a bet on him not fighting, aka "missed weight".

Conor was literally drinking hard liquor on stage and was possibly on a stimulant like cocaine. The second part is just speculation but he appears to be intoxicated and its well documented he likes to party.

Combine that with the fact that he wants to make some noise and press creating a spectacle, and here we are.

Every time the lights hit Conor shows up like a consummate professional and is ready to go. He's not desperate, he's buzzed on alcohol and trying to generate PPV buys.

That press conference seemed very forced on Conor's part and I think it's because he is under a huge amount of pressure.

From a legacy perspective Khabib is currently his biggest threat. Ferguson, Conor would likely be favored to win given their fight styles.

However, Khabib is the one fighter at 155 that has the necessary tools to beat Conor and clearly he knows it.

I've never been a fan of Conor's antics but in the past they came off as entertaining. This go round he seems very desperate to establish some type of notariety in the event that things go sideways for him.

I'm not saying that Conor can't win, but he looked legit scared. Like he was trying to cover his fear with jokes and booze.

8SS5.gif

His legacy has been damaged ever since he foolishly toyed with Mayweather instead of just putting hm away then gassed himself out.

He was almost as red as Dana at some point.

He was trying too hard to both compensate for Khabib's placidity, as well to get inside his head (as he does, usually). I don't think he managed to.

of course its forced.

you think conor walks around his friends and family, blood vessels popping on forehead.... screaming about glass and rats.

its a wwe show.

are people really this dense?
On here? Absolutely

Chad was a tougher match up, be real. Chad has footwork, speed, strong center cage takedowns, powerful punching, and good control and gnp. Khabib has no feet, poor striking fundamentals, only okay outside shots, only okay jiu jitsu, but phenomenal top game and gnp. Conor has much less to worry about when facing khabib. He’s certainly a tough opponent and may win, but he’s by no means his worse opponent. Tony may even be a bigger challenge within the division. Khabibs talents are overstated.

I don't think he was desperate, or this press conference was anything out of the ordinary for him. What made it seem strange was the lack of fans at the presser to react to his antics. He took the same approach in the press conference of whipping his fans up into a frenzy like usual, but the fans weren't there, which made it come off strange. I thought it was entertaining.

Khabib will still smash him.

My estimation is that Conor is going to use an extraordinary amount of energy leading up to the fight trying to do his normal Conor thing while Khabib isn't going to drop an ounce of energy that he doesn't have too (with the exception of training). Come fight night, they'll get in the cage, and Khabib is going to drag Conor into the deepest waters he's ever been too and drown him.

Oh you mean He's gonna "Kill the clown"? Is he gonna "run through him"? Where have I heard that stuff before..

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Somehow it was different this time. In press conferences in the past, he would shout and spit and posture and do his Conor thing, but somehow it seemed calibrated and calculated; like he was in control. Yesterday, he seemed a bit unhinged; like HE has been gotten to emotionally rather than his opponent. He seems rattled to me. Chael Sonnen released a video talking about how great Conor was and how he dominated the moment, but I didn't see it that way, and normally I agree with Chael.

Conor has been acting like a crazy person at press conferences for a while now. Didn't seem out of the ordinary.

Aldo was a much bigger fight legacy fight, but probably not a tougher style matchup. 10 year undefeated champion > 26-0 figthing MIcheal Johnson and the real estate guy.

I think Conor did very well (for his intended purpose), which is to get into Khabib's head. Fuck, he got into my head and I'm not even fighting. (Nate's mentality has natural immunity)
That being said, I find him a deplorable, disrespectful, obnoxious, weasely maggot of a person.
But unlike me, the vast majority love his "charisma" and his personality. So hey, I guess as long as you can entertain the population....and do it with an accent....
But let's be honest, he clearly got to Khabib. Khabib looks like he wants to rush at him but they both know he can't. Conor's fight game is good, but his ability to get into your head is second to none. Khabib is going to lunge in angry and get caught.

Last edited:
Back