Cool breakdown of Khabib's failed take downs

Jimmy Jazz

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I'm no grappler but I found this very interesting and educating. I had not noticed alot of these technical aspects despite watching the fights. I imagine Conor must be looking at these things and using them in his strategy.

Michael Johanson, Albert Splinter and Eddie Jahova all stuffed plenty of Hobknobs takedowns and landed some good shots. Corner can do that too but with more devastating shots. He will knock his head clean off.

khabib shouldnt wrestle because conor fought mayweather without kicking, its only fair.

This video has been posted before on the forums, but I largely agree with it.

This isn't anything new... we've seen amazing wrestlers before, and the only wrestler people *really* weren't able to stop was GSP. But that's also partially because GSP had such sharp standup, and could fluidly transition his striking into power double legs.

Khabib is much more like Randy Couture, and eventually people figured Couture out. Khabib's only 2 impressive wins are RDA (before he was champion level) and Barboza (who is overrated and just got murked by Kevin Lee).

Khabib literally has not fought elite level competition yet. It remains to be seen how he will fare against a fighter specifically trained to defend his style of takedowns. Conor easily shrugged off Eddie Alvarez, who is a beast 155er. I'll believe Khabib's hype when I see it against real competition, like McGregor, Ferguson, Alvarez, Gaethje, Poirier, and Lee.

Back