Thiago Santos doesn’t see Eryk Anders as a real ‘test’ at 205

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
In an interview with Combate, the 34-year-old said he was surprised he wasn’t paired up with a natural light heavyweight and doesn’t see Anders as a real test at the heavier division.

“I was surprised. I thought they would give me another light heavyweight. In the end, it’s not going to be a real test for me at a heavier weight class. I’m going to see how I feel, of course I’ll be strong, but I won’t be fighting a real light heayvweight.”

Sad about Manuwa’s removal from the card, Santos went on to say he would like to find out if he could take a shot from a heavier power puncher such as ‘Poster Boy.’ But, now he will have to adapt his gameplan for Anders’ style, which is entirely different.

“I met Manuwa at breakfast and I thought to myself: ‘Damn, that’s a big guy’. I even joked about it with my master, but I wanted to see how funny would it be if I took a punch from him. Manuwa is much bigger, I would have to use my speed, but now I’ll have to adapt.”

“We’re analyzing some basic differences (between Manuwa and Anders) and trying to put them to practice as we enter the final stretch. I was going to fight an orthodox guy, now it’s a southpaw. Because he’s a middleweight, my footwork won’t be that much of an advantage anymore. It’s five days to change some aspects, just details, nothing that will hold me back.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

This guy got KO’d Stiff by David Branch and went to a decision with a journeymen WW.

I think Santos wins this fight but guys with glass chins shouldn't throw stones imo

He's the better fighter but if Anders taps that chin he's going out

I bet he didn't think much about David Branch either, and look how that played out for him.
FlamboyantInbornGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

Santos is a beast, but he can't be sleeping on dude's this far in his career, especially when he's two good losses from losing half his fights in the Octagon.

I bet he didn't think much about David Branch either, and look how that played out for him.

Santos is a beast, but he can't be sleeping on dude's this far in his career, especially when he's two good losses from losing half his fights in the Octagon.

Branch looked pretty good in this fight to be fair.

He was feinting TDs and mixing overhand rights and doing it very well.

This guy got KO’d Stiff by David Branch and went to a decision with a journeymen WW.

And he beat Smith, Bossé, Theodorou and Marquardt, who are much better wins than Anders ever had. We already know that Santos' ceiling is stuck arond the top 15, but Anders hasn't proven anything yet.

Sucks for Santos. He moved up to LHW because the guy he destroyed (smith) has been doing so well up there. He moves up to beat up some slow-bad LHWs and then gets matched with one of the few good MW prospects lol.

Did you guys even read what he said? It seems pretty clear he means ‘test’ in terms of dealing with how a LHW fighter would fight. Since Anders is a MW it sounds like hes saying it’s not a real LHW matchup. I don’t think he meant Anders isn’t a good fighter or anything like that

Or maybe my reading comprehension is bad?

And Santos was the favorite in that fight too.

Did you guys even read what he said? It seems pretty clear he means ‘test’ in terms of dealing with how a LHW fighter would fight. Since Anders is a MW it sounds like hes saying it’s not a real LHW matchup. I don’t think he meant Anders isn’t a good fighter or anything like that

Or maybe my reading comprehension is bad?

He basically said he wants to see how a LHW punches like he hasn’t been sparked by MW not known for power

He basically said he wants to see how a LHW punches like he hasn’t been sparked by MW not known for power

He wants to test himself against bigger guys. I'm pretty sure he doesn't intend on getting punched for fun.

Thiago has a weak ass chin, why does anyone think he’s a beast? Dude got tapped out by fucking Eric Spicely lmfao

I am like 90% certain Anders is gonna KO Santos. He just has bad defense when backed up and a move forward power puncher is the worse style match up.

This fight really doesn’t do much for either fighter. I’m a huge fan of Santos, I hope he gets high profile fights in the future (if he wins).

Back