This was Conor's 2nd best press conference

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
People are overrating 205 and many others, which is natural. In the "Red panty night" conference, people said Conor was being extremely annoying/coked up. In his 205 conference, people said he was gotten too, trying too hard and clearly on a downhill. Now these same sheep are saying this conference was bad, absolutely not.

Conor hit multiple points. He attacked Khabib's skillset, his father, his loyalty, his honor and Khabib had very little to offer. I do think Khabib is smart enough and skilled enough to not be hit too hard by this, but he did seem to strike Khabib's nerves especially with the mockery of Arabic. The best conference was his Floyd vs Conor conference in Canada. Besides "Who the fook is that guy" nobody else remembers anything else about the other conference. Conor came prepared, but didn't seem rehearsed, it was perfect.

Khabib looked like he almost forgot how to speak English

I agree everyone is saying he was embarrassing - but no he’s just taking this fight that seriously he had 20 minutes to say his piece he did, of course he was gonna be controversial that’s kind of the whole point - people act like it wasn’t entertaining but it was - its not gonna entertain every fan but this version of press conference is better than th boxing model and the old mma model

You'd have to be genuinely autistic to think he looked anything beyond a dribbling spastic. He was stuttering and stammering, getting easily agitated and aggressive and launching into incoherent, rambling range about nothing and everything. There's a possibility that he was inebriated up there, which doesn't reflect well on him when he feels the need to indulge himself on some Dutch courage just to feel a little more comfortable around Kebab.

Overall, just a classic case in over compensation. And the ridiculousness of it all was amplified by the fact that he didn't have a crowd of performing seals to hoot and holler along to his every word. His lack of intelligence, charm and wit was woefully exposed up there.

his best press conference was when he said he was black from the waist down and thanked all his black fans
FE28B591765173CF852925FFD3B93C68A03098F3

You must be on drugs, the conferences with Mayweather were absolutely god awful, Conor was worse then Colby in those.

His best press conferences was all the ones with Aldo, the one with Eddie, and the one with all the fighters where he talked about the red panty night.

I really enjoyed it.
That is why he is the greatest money maker in MMA, by far.
Kaboob sat there like a lump
No one cares about Kaboob
If anything, he drives down interest in a fight
He should just say, "Thank you Mr. Conor for helping my family"

Interesting attacks, but it wasnt "jokes" like in the past, shit was entertaining, just different imo, cant wait.

You must be on drugs, the conferences with Mayweather were absolutely god awful, Conor was worse then Colby in those.

His best press conferences was all the ones with Aldo, the one with Eddie, and the one with all the fighters where he talked about the red panty night.

You're wrong... It is well known that Conor stole the show at the press conferences between him and Floyd.

I agree.

When Conor haters say a press conference sucks, you KNOW it was a success.

You could tell there was a seriousness to his words this time. He's still pissed at Khabib for cucking his pet Artem.

Nah he was too emotional, fast talk stutter. Imo, the RDA El Chapo performance was the best, the Go Big after that.

Fook dat noize, pressers mean shite

Mcgregor clan does it for bloodlines!

Khabib looked like he almost forgot how to speak English

At one point he actually started to pretend he didnt understand a question/sentence because he was so under duress! Conor called him out on it. I forgot exactly which part of the press conference it was.

The best part for me was when Conor asked him why he was disrespecting Putin. That little rat looked like he was going to cry.

He had some nice lines. The issue was he was red faced and yelling at the top of his lungs. He was far too rustled.

It was horrendous. Even my mates from Ireland thought the May pressers were so cringy that they were ashamed to be Irish. Before that he seemed sharp in his disses. Anyone who said something back he shut down half the time with wit. This last one he just screamed and muttered bullshit. You can tell the age of a Sherdogger by who liked it. Honestly anyone over the age of 16 that was entertained by Conor yesterday is a virgin.

You'd have to be genuinely autistic to think he looked anything beyond a dribbling spastic. He was stuttering and stammering, getting easily agitated and aggressive and launching into incoherent, rambling range about nothing and everything. There's a possibility that he was inebriated up there, which doesn't reflect well on him when he feels the need to indulge himself on some Dutch courage just to feel a little more comfortable around Kebab.

Overall, just a classic case in over compensation. And the ridiculousness of it all was amplified by the fact that he didn't have a crowd of performing seals to hoot and holler along to his every word. His lack of intelligence, charm and wit was woefully exposed up there.

He always behaves like that. Not sure why people are acting like he is always calm and collected during his press conferences.

It was not a good press conference. Conor was like that one dude out of the group who drinks too much and gets sloppy and obnoxious and you keep looking at security like, "yo, I got this. He wont be a problem. He's just drunk." What I'm really thinking in my mind is, "shut the hell up Conor before we get kicked out of VIP!"

It didn't help that the audience wasn't there. They would've been hanging on his every word and that's why he wanted them there. A lot of his jokes fell flat, but with an audience, they would've carried him.

He kept doing this weird quiet laughing towards the end when someone would be asking a question...it was weird.

Conor has had plenty of press conferences that were better than this one.

Conor is a funny guy. A lot of his hype shtick is just that. Mindless noise, a bit of humor, and slight attempts to get the other person off their game.

BUT, if you listen closely you will hear important bits come out during it.

For instance, just off the top of my head, I can think of this...
-Reminding Khabib that his ONLY chance is to dive for a takedown. We all kinda realized this was going to happen anyway, but it was the additional comment about how he was unable to finish any legit competition. Combine that with the fact that he "learned a lot" from the Mayweather fight, and that he is fully prepared to go 5 rounds...I KINDA wonder if McGregor is gonna just play a fast paced range striking game, but NOT risk any power unless Khabib happens to fall over. Everyone is worried about Conor's cardio, but I think he realizes that Khabib is actually more likely to become exhausted every minute the fight stays standing. Also remember that Khabib is the one that is going to have to cut major weight, so a fast paced stand up match will probably tire him out very quickly.

-He mentioned the "Noah" comment, but I think that's more of an inside dig at Ali.

-He kept mentioning the alcohol because he knows it is one of Khabib's "weaknesses" in the sense that it is a touchy "no-go" subject for him. So are respect and family, and McGregor made sure to include those in this trash talk as well.

-He mentioned (in retort mind you) that he is the one that is set for money, not Khabib. That he is purely doing this fight for his legacy. Khabib's previous monetary connections were obviously a bit sketchy, and this might have been more of a dig than we thought.

With that being said, who knows if any of it will have an effect on the fight, or Khabib's demeanor. But like I said, amongst the rambling there are a few interesting bits to pick out.

Back