Prediction: win or lose, conor will fight gsp for a 165 pound belt

RockyLockridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
ESPECIALLY if he loses. MAYBE if he beats khabib he and george fight at lw. It puts conor in another huge fight while tony and khabib finish their shit. They will market it with "who will be the first man to hold belts in 3 classes"

On the topic of the 165 division, i know nothing about it is official, but Ive seen a handful of fighters talking about it as if they know something we don't so Im treating it as a not-so-big BIG secret.

Gsp would embarrass the little Irishman

There will be no 165 pound division. It has been said many times.

/thread

I've already predicted this. Champ Champ vs Champ Champ for the Champ Champ Champ

I heard porier talk about it just yesterday
Yea, because a fighter talking about something means they will change the rules... UFC has already said they are not changing the weightclasses. Get over it.

Nope Conor has to win

And it will especially happen IF Conor wins

Conor CAN NOT loss

Khabib is a MUST WIN fight for Conor

Yea, because a fighter talking about something means they will change the rules...
What rules?

Anyways a 165 pound division makes alot of sense. Lw and ww are so populated they could have 3 really great top 10s between 155 165 and 175

There will be no 165 pound division. It has been said many times.

/thread

Yeah, if anything they need a full re-organization of the weight classes. You can't just jam weight classes in because of a couple guys losing.

GSP is 10X the athlete of McGregor

Mcgregor is a 155 pounder
.... have we not seen him fight the same fringe top10 lightweight.....twice at 170 and was humiliated in first and looked "ok " in 2nd..
Conor needs to concentrate his efforts at 155.

What rules?

Anyways a 165 pound division makes alot of sense. Lw and ww are so populated they could have 3 really great top 10s between 155 165 and 175
It would be a shit fest. 3 division champs. Guys moving up and down.

Anyway, there have literally been hundreds of threads on the subject. And the UFC has already said they are not touching the weight classes. Time to move on.

yeah this is what i predicted also a few days ago.
Seems a distinct possibility in my opinion.

"Hey Conor don't worry, if Khabib fight doesn't work out we're gonna create a whole new division just for you to get another title shot".

Yes that's what i think will happen.

Because if Conor loses against Khabib at 155lbs.....then Conor can be gifted ANOTHER title shot if UFC create 165lbs. Also it keeps people like Woodley away from Conor, PLUS by moving 170lb-class to 175lb-class, it then brings into Woodley's radar some other dangerous fighters who are at 185lbs but might cut down to 175lbs. (and I think we all know Dana wants to make Woodley fight the toughest opponents...)

GSP I think also would be perfect for 165lbs class for many of the same reasons. He has also looked smaller in recent pics. And he doesn't wanna fight Woodley!

I can see Conor vs GSP at 165lbs title-fight sometime around Feb or March 2019.

-- If Conor wins at UFC229, his track record is as we all know *not* to defend his title, so.....his next fight at 165lbs is perfect for him to continue that tactic of avoiding risking losing his belt in the cage.
-- If Conor *loses* at UFC229, his next fight at 165lbs is still perfect as it gives him a chance for another belt.
(and then he will be chanting "Champ Champ Champ" of course).

Mcgregor is a 155 pounder
.... have we not seen him fight the same fringe top10 lightweight.....twice at 170 and was humiliated in first and looked "ok " in 2nd..
Conor needs to concentrate his efforts at 155.
How was Conor's loss to Nate humiliating when it was a short notice fight that Conor dominated the first round of - and in where Conor was beating the dog shit out of Nate in (until the very last minute)

Yet somehow the rematch where Conor dropped Nate 3 times and permanently disfigured Nate's face is not humiliating/less humiliating?

He is not getting gifted another title shot against a better wrestler at a higher weight class unless ufc have decided to completely crap on the sport .

Let's ASSUME (just for the sake of argument, let's leave all the fanboy stuff out of it please) that Conor loses against Khabib fairly badly.

Q. What do you then think is going to be Conor's NEXT fight???? Where is he gonna go? He ain't making 145lbs ever again, and *if* Khabib is 155lb champion then i can't see Conor taking a non-title fight against anyone at 155lbs (exception : Nate Diaz).
So seems to me that if Conor loses against Khabib his only options are Nate Diaz III fight OR go to 170lbs and I don't think he is gonna win at 170lbs, he's just too small really.

So it's Nate Diaz at 155lbs or its Dana gifting him a fight in a shiny new 165lb division.

How was Conor's loss to Nate humiliating when it was a short notice fight that Conor dominated the first round of - and in where Conor was beating the dog shit out of Nate in (until the very last minute)

Yet somehow the rematch where Conor dropped Nate 3 times and permanently disfigured Nate's face is not humiliating/less humiliating?
Ok - maybe humiliating wasn't the best word (I guess was eluding to the quick way he was dispatched)...
My main point is Conor is 155er and , arguably, maybe #1... we'll see after the 6th.
Nate Diaz has been mollywhopped by every top 155er he's faced so I'm my eyes, he's done nothing impressive to me (yes he knocked him down several times- he should do that)against another lightweight at welter.
It is what it is.

GSP vs Conor would be a squash match, joke fight. If Conor gets beat by Khabib then he has no chance with GSP. GSP wrestling is the best in MMA, I don't care what credentials anyone else has

Back