Conor's trashtalk : Aldo era vs Khabib era

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

The thin end of the wedge
@Steel
Reaction score
Like most, I was pretty disappointed by this press conference.

What occured to me is that Conor seems to have lost some of his wits when compared with his trashtalk leading up to the Aldo fight.

Conor was formidable and hillarious in the buildup against Aldo and I am one who agrees that he ripped him apart mentally before the fight even started.

But this? It was mostly incoherent blithering and screaming. He was also stuttering and slurring.

He does appear like a changed man.

Aldo is an easier mark and that's not meant to disrespect Aldo.

Also, Khabib strikes me as the kind of dude that keeps his frustrations mostly on the inside, so even though he doesn't show it as much, doesn't mean Conor's tactics aren't working. It's just hard to say how much. It also makes for less of a show/spectacle cus Khabib is more introverted in that aspect.

Also, Conor had the crowd to work off with Aldo and didn't at this presser, but hopefully next one will be better cus it will have a crowd.

Having said that, I was still thoroughly entertained.

Last edited:
Aldo has zero English. Khabib has some. That's the difference.

Nate speaks English. Conor was shit in those press conferences. Floyd speaks English, same thing.

Conor does well against people who don't speak the language.

The difference is maybe Khabib can actually respond in English and make a fool out of him cause he's just the smarter man. So Conor needs to push it and then it becomes apparent what Conor actually does. The only thing he does is take space and be loud. That's it.

Well i prefer Khabib's lines over Conor's nonstop trashtalk. I wanted them to answer more questions but that dude didnt let his opponent even talk. A real dude would stick to rules and wait for the fight, wouldnt try to cause scene on the stage. It was so annoying watching him do that, have some class dude.

Nate speaks English. Conor was shit in those press conferences. Floyd speaks English, same thing.

Eddie Alverez...Dustin Porier...Same thing?
{<shrug}

It was mostly incoherent blithering and screaming. He was also stuttering and slurring.

He does appear like a changed man.

come on dude, show some compassion, show some class

tenor.gif

Conor just talks his shit and then screams random crap when someone asks his opponent a question. Last night was an embarrassment.

{<shrug}

Eddie rattled Conor a few times to be fair, pretty sure I remember some interview where he ripped into him for taking welfare and Conor had nothing to say

Not sure what you're on about. The Toronto presser and final one's were gold from Conor. NYC was forgettable. The first one they silenced his mic and didn't tell him it'd be a speech format.

I'm not sure what people expect tbh. When he first started he needed to make a name for himself - for that reason you try harder and you've got more enthusiasm. After years of doing it would be tiresome and he doesn't need to put an effort it.

If I was him I'd be pissed off too as his opponents never put in the same effort and most of the time give him absolutely nothing to work with. They just sit there like mutes.

{<shrug}

Chad Mendes.

Also, he wasn't that bad at the Mayweather ones, the format was just dumb and dragged on too long

Conor has never been a good trash talker, never understood why people think he is. He just rambles like a little kid.

I'm not sure what people expect tbh. When he first started he needed to make a name for himself - for that reason you try harder and you've got more enthusiasm. After years of doing it would be tiresome and he doesn't need to put an effort it.

If I was him I'd be pissed off too as his opponents never put in the same effort and most of the time give him absolutely nothing to work with. They just sit there like mutes.
Not every body is a good talker.

Nostalgia is blinding some people

Its literally the same exact Conor

Only difference being Conor wasn't as sharp due to being drunk, and there was no crowd

But the effects Conor had on Aldo, is the exact kind of effect Conor had on Khabib

In fact I would say "Khabib era Conor" was even more ruthless with the psych warfare and showed a deeper desire to expose Khabib even worse then he exposed Aldo

Like Conor seems focused like never before

For some reason Khabib has Conor more motivated then ever before to train harder then ever to kill Khabib

Thing is no one has probably gotten away with talking that much shit and how low Conor went to Khabib. I bet where he is from people get killed for less. Even though Conor maybe got to him a little at the presser, he already pissed him off long ago. He knew McGronk would come out and attack his family, friends, culture, religion and just brushed it off but make no mistake....Khabib was already furious.

The Aldo build up most for the most part open up the public I believe which brings a completely different dynamic. Make no mistake he was acting a fool then too

Nostalgia is blinding some people

Its literally the same exact Conor

Only difference being Conor wasn't as sharp due to being drink and there was no crowd

But the effects Conor had on Aldo, is the exact kind of effect Conor had on Khabib

In fact I would say "Khabib era Conor" was even more ruthless with the psych warfare and showed a deeper desire to expose Khabib even worse then he exposed Aldo

Like Conor seems focused like never before

For some reason Khabib has Conor more motivated then ever to train harder then ever to kill him
why is conor pissed?

Khabib was visibly shook. You could literally see it with your own two eyes. And you could hear it by the way he was rephrasing his questions to Conor over and over. Khabib had literally nothing to offer, and he let Conor walk all over him.

There's no doubt that the presser made Khabib hate Conor, which was Conor's masterplan from the get go.

Back