Conor's realistic gameplan for Khabib Nurmagomedov

Are you saying he's gonna submit Khabib in the 5th?

See Chuck Liddell instead, imo. Sprawl ready boxing, with limited kicks (specifically avoiding those that open oneself up for various TDs).

It's a better approach than him pulling an Anderson, which would probably see him get himself ground to dust and put away, long before he can land some sort of hail mary finish.

I thought about Sonnen vs Silva too. Conor is too unpredictable, everyone thought he would just keep his distance against chad, then he opens up with a flying knee lol.

giphy.gif

Well Khabib is bigger than him, we just saw it. So Khabib can easily take him down. Conor needs to hit and move back. Only way he can win is by KO so he has to hit him with 1 punch and see Khabib's reaction, wait and repeat it until he goes down. I dont think he can defend a takedown from Khabib.

Conor is a dangerous counterpuncher, has serious power in his punches, and decent takedown defense. I think a Liddell-like strategy suits him best. I do hope that Khabib brings more to the table in terms of standup, but I don't mind some good ole fashioned GnP

Bring his 40 gypo mates into the Octagon with him.....that's his only hope.

I’m not a huge fan of Conor but I see him putting Khabib away early.

I think Khabib is going to rush in like he always does and I can see Conor landing a clean left hook or a few clean punches that rock him and getting the tko win. Don’t know why so many ppl are writing him off. He knows exactly what Khabib is going to do. If Michael Johnson can wobble Khabib for a second, Conor can absolutely do it as well.

Conor's ground game, wrestling game, is no where near the level of some of the people Khabib mauled.
It. Just. Isn't.

Khabib trains with DC , Cain and everyone else at AKA which is arguably the best wrestling mma gym in the world.

I’m not a huge fan of Conor but I see him putting Khabib away early.

I think Khabib is going to rush in like he always does and I can see Conor landing a clean left hook or a few clean punches that rock him and getting the tko win. Don’t know why so many ppl are writing him off. He knows exactly what Khabib is going to do. If Michael Johnson can wobble Khabib for a second, Conor can absolutely do it as well.

But how come Barboza couldn't ?

I think the difference that you're ignoring is that not only was Anderson a Chute Boxe fighter, but he also trained with the Nog brothers and Machida.

Ugh. I'm done with Sherdog until this fight is behind us.

Two completely different strikers in my opinion. Barboza doesn’t have that wide karate stance Conor has and in my opinion, his hands and defense is nowhere near Conor.

Barboza has the better Muay Thai kicks but as a whole, I think Conor is more elusive and faster and more pin point accuracy with his hands.

I could be wrong but I just think Conor is smarter then what ppl give him credit for and he’s going to stay light on his feet and really pick his shots.

Because barboza's hands are just serviceable. Neither Michael Johnson nor barboza are high level boxers but MJ was willing to throw caution to the wind and swing wildly, landing something almost purely by luck.

I think the difference that you're ignoring is that not only was Anderson a Chute Boxe fighter, but he also trained with the Nog brothers and Machida.
I love that DOOM ep even though means to an end is California Uber Alles slowed down with one extra note!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back