Conor said this, Khabib said that...

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Just looking through the forum, I see there was some press conference yesterday. I tried to get into it and watch, but could only get through about a few minutes of them talking before it got nauseating to the point where I had to turn it off.

I dont know, I remember chuckling a few times in the build up to the Nate fight, but more and more the whole McGregor gimmick has gotten to the point where I cant dumb myself down enough to enjoy it. Not only did I feel it was not very good entertainment, but it just had that same feel that crass and vulgar reality tv gives me whenever I see a clip of the Gottis, Jersey shore or whatever other nihilistic vomit they try to shove down your throat these days.

I tried to justify it by telling myself that at least this guy can fight, but then I think well so can dozens of others, some of them just as good, and many better. So then it becomes obvious that this vulgar act of spewing diarrhea every time he opens his mouth, is exactly what makes him popular and I ask myself what sad state our society is in today.

I'm all for entertainment, and fighters having personality and so on, but all that talk is not original, it's pure cringe and facepalm stuff, it's not even witty anymore, there's no punchline, just talking over the other guy's voice and trying to be the obnoxious kid that wants all the attention. But despite all that, you got legions of fanboys who jerk off to it and think it's good entertainment, some even call it genius "yo he made millions bro, you're just jealous of his success". If you guys think that's genius, if that's all it takes for you to give someone your money and make them rich, ask yourself where your IQ level is at then.

Thankfully these guys are not doing much promotion for this fight, and it's actually just around the corner. The fight itself will no doubt be exciting, I'm pretty pumped for that, but to be honest instead of making me more excited for it, all this nonsense talk did for me was kill it a bit. There was more mystique for me with Conor not saying anything, and playing this angle of just taking his training really seriously. All the presser did was make him look like an insecure and frustrated child throwing a tantrum because he knows he's about to get beat up.

But ya, my real point is the state of our society where a person can be successful by simply dumbing themselves down and bringing out the worst aspects of human behavior.

Just looking through the forum, I see there was some press conference yesterday. I tried to get into it and watch, but could only get through about a few minutes of them talking before it got nauseating to the point where I had to turn it off.

I dont know, I remember chuckling a few times in the build up to the Nate fight, but more and more the whole McGregor gimmick has gotten to the point where I cant dumb myself down enough to enjoy it. Not only did I feel it was not very good entertainment, but it just had that same feel that crass and vulgar reality tv gives me whenever I see a clip of the Gottis, Jersey shore or whatever other nihilistic vomit they try to shove down your throat these days.

I tried to justify it by telling myself that at least this guy can fight, but then I think well so can dozens of others, some of them just as good, and many better. So then it becomes obvious that this vulgar act of spewing diarrhea every time he opens his mouth, is exactly what makes him popular and I ask myself what sad state our society is in today.

I'm all for entertainment, and fighters having personality and so on, but all that talk is not original, it's pure cringe and facepalm stuff, it's not even witty anymore, there's no punchline, just talking over the other guy's voice and trying to be the obnoxious kid that wants all the attention. But despite all that, you got legions of fanboys who jerk off to it and think it's good entertainment, some even call it genius "yo he made millions bro, you're just jealous of his success". If you guys think that's genius, if that's all it takes for you to give someone your money and make them rich, ask yourself where your IQ level is at then.

Thankfully these guys are not doing much promotion for this fight, and it's actually just around the corner. The fight itself will no doubt be exciting, I'm pretty pumped for that, but to be honest instead of making me more excited for it, all this nonsense talk did for me was kill it a bit. There was more mystique for me with Conor not saying anything, and playing this angle of just taking his training really seriously. All the presser did was make him look like an insecure and frustrated child throwing a tantrum because he knows he's about to get beat up.

But ya, my real point is the state of our society where a person can be successful by simply dumbing themselves down and bringing out the worst aspects of human behavior.

It's not that serious. LOL

.. but more and more the whole McGregor gimmick has gotten to the point where I cant dumb myself down enough to enjoy it...
you need to try harder , look at how majority of sherdogers can

I think Conor's talk is a little too cerebral for you and it all went over your head.

Really the press conference was as expected. Khabib his pretty tame, calm self, and Conor brash and crazy. It was really not surprising.

Look at the bright side, at leats you got farther than I did reading the OP, TS

Last edited:
Beautiful way to celebrate 10k. Nice message and one you put forward well.

Would read again.

There was more mystique for me with Conor not saying anything, and playing this angle of just taking his training really seriously. All the presser did was make him look like an insecure and frustrated child throwing a tantrum
So true. Great ballsy post. Koro bless.

You don’t have a dad?

giphy.gif

damn dude you must have a more sophisticated palet than most of us. good going.

I'm all for entertainment, and fighters having personality and so on, but all that talk is not original, it's pure cringe and facepalm stuff, it's not even witty anymore, there's no punchline

Well, if they called themselves professional comedians I think you'd be bang on the money. It has to be hard on some level sitting close to someone you're going to fight and 'entertain' people at the same time.

I didn't watch it but it's pretty obvious that Conor will rule in the talk department. Khabib just doesn't know how to do it for the masses while Conor does it best out of anyone in MMA, regardless of what any individual may think about his style.

The interesting part comes when they fight. Right now they are just posturing and selling the fight. Both will give respect to the other after the fight, regardless of the outcome.

People are disenfranchised and don't know what to do with their lives so they'll spring up to defend whatever meme or supplanted interest they care about.
It's no different than high school or middle school. People were concerned with the most retarded shit for seemingly no reason other than having no will of their own.

That said it will be fun to watch Kebab ragdoll Conor, but he'll be making millions in the process so it's a somewhat cathartic enjoyment.

People are disenfranchised and don't know what to do with their lives so they'll spring up to defend whatever meme or supplanted interest they care about.
It's no different than high school or middle school. People were concerned with the most retarded shit for seemingly no reason other than having no will of their own.

That said it will be fun to watch Kebab ragdoll Conor, but he'll be making millions in the process so it's a somewhat cathartic enjoyment.
Yup, which brings us back to the original assumption that most of sherdog posters are dumb teenagers with no direction or good role model in life.

Back