Now is there the big fight feel?

own1997

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The takeaway of the press conference seems to revolve around who gained the supposed mental edge heading into the bout but, in the grand scheme of things, did the presser do what it set out to do; stoke your interest for the fight? I recall a few posters discussing the lack of hype heading into the press conference so how you feel about it now? More or less excited than you thought you'd be?

I was already excited.

This conference was just fucking awkward. They should cut each other's mics off while the other is talking. Couldn't hear half of what was said.

Made me want to never watch another UFC fight again. I legitimately disliked it.

Most of these people..and every person that thinks Conor is overrated never even thought he would fight Khabib. They seriously thought he was scared. This should be a joyous occasion for them and they wouldn't dare miss it. Conor fans are just happy to see him back. This shit needs zero commercials. Just send them location

Conor seemed more childish than witty. Very annoying, like he's still doing the bull shit from the Mayweather pressers

I was already excited.

This conference was just fucking awkward. They should cut each other's mics off while the other is talking. Couldn't hear half of what was said.

The press conference did what it needed to do however. It sold everyone that these two hate eachother and this is a fight that can't be missed; that's the whole point of holding a presser

What if I told you I actually just want to see two of the best fight each other? What if I told you the press conference means nothing and nobody won anything. What if I told you neither of these guys are pussies? Would you believe me?

Conor seemed more childish than witty. Very annoying, like he's still doing the bull shit from the Mayweather pressers

Whether you liked it isn't really here nor there - do you feel more or less excited about the fight after the presser?

Meh. I'm excited for the fight, but I can't stand the ridiculous promo bullshit they do before Conor fights.

What if I told you I actually just want to see two of the best fight each other? What if I told you the press conference means nothing and nobody won anything. What if I told you neither of these guys are pussies? Would you believe me?

I would hope to believe you - press conferences serve the function of generating interest for a bout and it did that and that should really be the end all be all of discussion surrounding it.

Not having fans there really made it less than what it could have been.

But I was already pumped for this fight regardless of the pressers.

Really interested to see who can impose their will and control where the fight takes place.

I was already excited.

You don't need to. This press conference had one purpose. For Conor to talk about how he feels about Khabib. One can assume with his bus incidence, but he's never actually confirmed it with words. Now he has. Now we know what's going to happen.

Whether you liked it isn't really here nor there - do you feel more or less excited about the fight after the presser?
Not sure yet, processing it. Usually if its good shsh talk I'll get into it, but this seemed faked and super forced. Not a single one liner and resorted to mocking and making Muppet noises. I still think it's going to be one sided, 80% it's going to be khabib mauling Conor, 20% Conor lands something solid and rocks khabib enough to finish him

There is not a single person in my life I could show that press conference to and use it to convince them to watch this fight.

Not sure yet, processing it. Usually if its good shsh talk I'll get into it, but this seemed faked and super forced. Not a single one liner and resorted to mocking and making Muppet noises. I still think it's going to be one sided, 80% it's going to be khabib mauling Conor, 20% Conor lands something solid and rocks khabib enough to finish him

Oh yeah I get you but at the same time the press conference did what it needed to do in that it's probably the most personal fight of either guy's career - the interest for it seems palpable. I feel like it's one of the those fights that after it plays out we'll all say 'of course this was always going to happen' in hindsight.

I never watch press conferences they are just awkward. I go to sherdog for the good quotes and get excited for the fights.

it lowered my excitement tbh. Showed me Conor is off his game and the fight will be less competitive than I hoped.

Oh yeah I get you but at the same time the press conference did what it needed to do in that it's probably the most personal fight of either guy's career - the interest for it seems palpable. I feel like it's one of the those fights that after it plays out we'll all say 'of course this was always going to happen' in hindsight.
I think the presser backfired on Conor. He's the one that seemed to be emotional... Kinda similar to the first Diaz fight

Back