Would DC be a Top 10 Heavyweight OAT, if so What #?

Donny Limps

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Curious what you guys think, If DC should be in the top 10 heavyweights of all time, and if so what # would he be?

I think he would be near the top if he never dropped down to LHW. He's at least in the top 5 IMO. Undefeated at HW.

No, he just didn't put the time in HW over the course of his career. I think he could have absolutely been if he applied himself at it though

I would so 100% he is top 10. His record is 14-0 at HW, he's had a shorter HW career but in that time he's been impressive dominating every fight. His wins....Stipe, Mir, Nelson, Silva and Barnett is a excellent top 5 win list and I would say comparable to any top HW. And he is a UFC HW champ and SF GP champ.

No, he just didn't put the time in HW over the course of his career. I think he could have absolutely been if he applied himself at it though

I don't know about that....14 fights and 14-0 with two HW titles (UFC and SF GP) and a dam good 5 wins. Cain who is regarded as a top 5 all time HW is 14-2 there. Couture who most have top 10 all time is 13-7.

I would say Cormier is top 10 for certain

Barnett, Bigfoot, Mir, Nelson and Stipe all in or very near their primes. Not to mention another 10 or so bouts where he never lost a rd. Yes easily top 10 at HW.

Which is crazy considering his accomplishments at LHW. Dude is an all time great.

Nah, HW is crap at the moment....

Cormier is a paper LHW chump

I think he would be the HW goat had he stayed there. Who's gonna beat him? He might not go on a rein the length of Fedor but i think i'd favor him over just about any HW in the UFC/strikeforce in the last deckade. He might have caught a loss, HW hit hard and it's a wild sport, but I think he would beat everyone.

I think he had the tools to beat JDS. He knocked out Stipe. The Werdum who beat Cain would probably be a rough fight with the body kicks and good clinch and threatening ground game, but he poses serious problems for Werdum as well. Overeem might be sketchy fight for him with the body kicks and knees but DC is tough as nails I think he'd eventually catch Reem standing on or the ground and put him out with something. Francis, Lewis, Hunt, all the guys like that he would dominate.

People shit on his Frank Mir fight but if you go back and rewatch it, he was seriously working Mir the fuck up in the clinch, and this was an in shape and ready to go Mir. One of the last good performances from Mir honestly. He brutally KO'd the best version of Bigfoot, he soundly beat Barnett and Nelson, and he KO'd the best HW of this era in Stipe Miotic inside a round.

He's top five HW, all time greatest LHW (Sorry, you can suck a dick with that sell destructive waste if space Jones.) And a p4p great as well. I'm happy after everything he's going to get a huge payday fighting Brock before retiring. He's earned it.

People saying DC is not top 10, please state who is. I personally think he is top 5. The man is undefeated in HW, fought the best, won the SF heavyweight tournament, and has the UFC hw belt. Can't deny his accomplishments. Heck, DC is probably top 5 Goat.

I don't know about that....14 fights and 14-0 with two HW titles (UFC and SF GP) and a dam good 5 wins. Cain who is regarded as a top 5 all time HW is 14-2 there. Couture who most have top 10 all time is 13-7.

You forgot to mention that the SF GP was the most stacked HW tourney ever and that DC's current HW belt was taken from the greatest UFC HW champ ever.

Beating Miocic and Barnett for the UFC and SF titles was pretty great. And he was a win over Frank Mir. But... that's kind of it at HW. My reasoning is that in order to be a top 10 HW you have to consistently compete with other top 10 HWs.

Beating Miocic and Barnett for the UFC and SF titles was pretty great. And he was a win over Frank Mir. But... that's kind of it at HW. My reasoning is that in order to be a top 10 HW you have to consistently compete with other top 10 HWs.

He's got the Bigfoot Silva in as well and that was coming right off the Fedor win. And Nelson is a good win....was top 10 at the time. I think if you take Miocic, Barnett, Mir, Silva and Nelson that is as good a top 5 wins as any HW. I mean lets take the best HW all time in Fedor......Nog 2x, Cro Cop, Arlovski, and Sylvia. Now Fedor fought other good HWs and had a longer HW career, but top 5 wins is very comparable. Even Cain.....JDS 2x, Lesnar, Big Nog, Browne.....Cormiers wins are on par.

Don't know how people can say he's not a Top 10 HW. He has the UFC strap and won the Strikeforce HW Grand Prix...oh and he's undefeated at HW.

I can't. He has to beat 1-2 Top Ten HW's, so I would like to see him fight a few guys at the top, no doubt he could win. He knows his age, said he doesn't wanna fight guys like Blaydes and Ngannou and wants a few big money title defenses then out - he expressed desire to defend each belt one time while holding both, which no Champ Champ has ever before done.

It's hard to talk about HW or LHW without mentioning DC at the top, and if we "unsee" his um, "dirty loss", then he's only lost once to a dominant champ. Losing only once and to a dominant champ doesn't make you not Top 10 - it makes a case you're likely number 3 or 4 instead of 1 or 2. Guy's a HW BJ Penn.

Curious what you guys think, If DC should be in the top 10 heavyweights of all time, and if so what # would he be?
near the top, but can't be too high, when most of his career he was fighting at a different weight.

Back