Conor presser w/o fans = sitcom w/o laugh track

jeff7b9

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
He was always crazy, his jokes were never all that funny but since everyone hooted and hollered it seemed like he was funny and clever.

He knew it too, you could tell by his little temper tantrum at the beginning . He will probably negotiate for fans to be at future pressers after this.

That was a terrible showing from Conor. he went from ALI level shit-talk to a stuttering mess. What the fuck happened? Has he lost his confidence? Does he not believe anymore? He wasn't confident, he was fucking acting. It's so obvious with great natural charsmatic people when they fake it. Wow. Conor might get knocked out. Shit.

He gained popularity/hysteria because he was witty/funny. They didn't laugh because he looked funny.

If a random came tonight with conors shtick they'd be booed out of the arena.

The lack of an audience played a role but he was unfunny today even by his own standards. Mayweather finished whatever Diaz left of his brain and now all he can do is scream and shout. Khabib will finish him and hopefully that will be the end of the Conor saga. Let's hope his career of selling bottled piss to braindead morons takes off.

Khabib was actually funny without even trying.

Conor: "We Irish fought the English... "

Khabib: "Then why are you speaking English"?

See the Conor vs Mayweather Press Confrences.....It displays this perfectly.

If the fans weren't 100% pro Conor, he sucked balls...You could tell that he knew his schtick wasn't working and it made him looked awkward...It made him try harder than usual which of course looks fucking pathetic.

track laughs are great. it definitely took away from the conference without the fans there. and I wonder why you didn't post crap like seinfeld without the laugh track

He lost his flow.

giphy.gif

Probably shouldn't have spent his whole camp in Ireland. He's too uptight. He was a stuttering mess.

But I agree with him. UFC should have let the fans in.

I was shocked at how dull and underwhelming his whole trash-talking shtick was.

Khabib didn’t seem remotely fazed by it at all either.

That's pretty funny.

That is actually a dead on analogy, OP. I was struggling to think why this presser felt so... awkward.

He NEEDS his dumb flock of plebs slobbering over everything he does.

Every time he made a dumb joke, he kept looking around at Uncle Dana or the journalists to see if anyone was laughing.

It was so bad... lol

He needs people on the same level as his stupidity.

Without his peasant fans to cheer him on he gets sweaty and throws manlet tantrums

Very true...he the kind of person who strives for everyone's approval in the room, no matter if he claims otherwise.

Without a crowd of people pumping him up, his schtick just isn't the same. Mayweather is very much the same way.

He has always been very try hard...Outside of a few clever lines and a few funny moments, he comes off as trying way too hard when speaking.

He is like a salesman selling a product, trying to convince people what he is saying is true.

That is actually a dead on analogy, OP. I was struggling to think why this presser felt so... awkward.

He NEEDS his dumb flock of plebs slobbering over everything he does.
Thanks man. I saw people noticing the awkwardness and discussing the way Conor's schtick know didn't go over as usual- audience response makes a HUGE difference. When you crack jokes in a room full of people (or in this case radio city music hall) and nobody laughs or cheers it is fucking awkward.

Conor didn't have his legion of cheerleaders blindly praising his every word.

Also Khabib has seemed completely unaffected by Conor's words he stayed very calm, only a few times did Khabib raise his voice when Conor was talking over him (which is so low class and annoying, I've always seen that as a poor substitute for having something worthwhile to say after having the etiquette to let another person speak. )

Conor was like Dane Cook tonight, what he said wasn't funny so he said it louder as though that would make it funny. Except he wasn't in a room full of drunk idiots who laugh at things that aren't funny.

His mental warfare is not working on Khabib. And Khabib was very effective with simple short replies. "What is whisky going to help him in the octagon?"

Back