Stop blaming USADA...they are not corrupt. This is how the process is supposed to work.

smart.feller

Beer Drinker
@Brown
Reaction score
USADA DID NOT give Jon Jones 15 months, an independent arbitrator did...let me explain how this works.

USADA is responsible for the drug testing. In the event of a positive test, they notify the athlete, who then can have the B sample tested. If the B sample is also positive, USADA will adjudicate and offer up punishment. The athlete can accept this, or in Jon Jones' case, they can deny it and have a hearing with an independent arbitrator. These arbitrators ARE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH USADA, and as part of the UFC & USADA's agreement, the decision of the arbitrator is final.

Don't believe me?
https://ufc.usada.org/resources/frequently-asked-questions/
https://ufc.usada.org/testing/results/adjudication-process/

Stop accusing a legit organization of corruption...If your favorite athlete didn't appeal for arbitration, that is their fault for not using all the outlets available to them. If you want to blame anyone for a soft punishment, blame the folks at McLaren Global Sport Solutions Inc, and not USADA...USADA did their job.

Yeah and before Jon even got to the arbitrator USADA reduced his sentence already from 48 months standard to 18 months. They let the arbitrator reduce it again to be just in time for UFC 230 and save face.

Look bro, i'm a big Jones fan, hes the GOAT in my eyes so i'm glad to have him back but lets not fucking beat around the bush ok? You fucking think any other fighter besides Conor or GSP would get this treatment from USADA? no way they'd get 2 years min.

jones-jon-smile.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah and before Jon even got to arbitrator USADA reduced his sentence already. They let the arbitrator reduce to be just in time for UFC 230.

Look bro, i'm a big Jones fan, hes the GOAT in my eyes so i'm glad to have him back but lets not fucking beat around the bush ok?

I think you are confusing the CSAC hearings and punishment with USADA.

Jones' suspension was supposed to be 18 months or less according to USADA.

Ah yes, good ol' McLaren Global sports solutions Inc. Never heard of them, but I'm sure they're on the up and up, and I hear their independent arbitrators are world class.

I think you are confusing the CSAC hearings and punishment with USADA.
No, no im not : https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/...th-suspension-after-arbitration-in-usada-case
The independent arbitrator found that Jon Jones was not intentionally cheating in this case, and while we thought 18-months was the appropriate sanction given the other circumstances of the case, we respect the arbitrator’s decision and believe that justice was served,” USADA CEO Travis T. Tygart said in a statement. “This case is another strong reminder that athletes need to be extremely cautious about the products and supplements they use to ensure they are free of prohibited substances.”

USADA went into abitration with an 18 month sentence in mind...down from 48 months to 18 months..arbitrator reduced it a further 3 months.

Ah yes, good ol' McLaren Global sports solutions Inc. Never heard of them, but I'm sure they're on the up and up, and I hear their independent arbitrators are world class.

If you don't know who Richard McLaren is than you don't know about anti-doping agencies.

The title is spot on. The whole set-up is supposed to work like a rigged market. It's used in different sports as a political tool on different levels. Another way of controlling who does what, who get's to what ranking bracket, and what state/countries/regions get award/medal opportunity, media exposure, etc. All kinds of really neat, fun stuff depending on the sport and the level of play.

The mistake is that it's not supposed to look like this, at least not to the marks, brother. USADA/UFC/McClaren breaking kayfabe, dude, everywhere except on documentation, because teh hoi polloi have short memories nowadays, jack.

USADA DID NOT give Jon Jones 15 months, an independent arbitrator did...let me explain how this works.

USADA is responsible for the drug testing. In the event of a positive test, they notify the athlete, who then can have the B sample tested. If the B sample is also positive, USADA will adjudicate and offer up punishment. The athlete can accept this, or in Jon Jones' case, they can deny it and have a hearing with an independent arbitrator. These arbitrators ARE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH USADA, and as part of the UFC & USADA's agreement, the decision of the arbitrator is final.

Don't believe me?

Stop accusing a legit organization of corruption...If your favorite athlete didn't appeal for arbitration, that is their fault for not using all the outlets available to them. If you want to blame anyone for a soft punishment, blame the folks at McLaren Global Sport Solutions Inc, and not USADA...USADA did their job.
TS are you retarded? Seriously...

Honestly though, you think the same governing body responsible for handing out a 5 year ban on Diaz for weed is just properly doing their job when this is the second time Jones is busted for a legit PED and they're handing him down 15 months?

Whatever way Jones ingested a PED let's not pretend that there wasn't a way that it could have been avoided. First time offence I could see loosening up but this is the second time this shit happened, and he's going to sit out, enjoy his long vacation, and then come back to MSG and make millions...what has the motherfucker learned? Do PEDs and get an extended vacation then come back and make a shit ton of money.

Sorry guys, I’m in the wrong thread.

I thought this thread was about Mendes and machida’s punishment.

What did they get? 2 years each?

Don't believe me?

Everything you are saying has validity

But ...
On August 9th I posted on here that Dave Meltzer said that UFC was planning on Jon Jones fighting at MSG.
That means UFC was involved in the process months ago if they knew there was a great chance for JJ to be back.
They should not be thinking he will be returning & penciling it in months before seeing an arbitrator

There was certainly behind the scenes manipulation of the suspension process.

Do USADA test & catch UFC fighters? YES
Does USADA announce names they caught (including main eventers)? YES
Does this "arbitration" ruling with Jones cast doubt on the process from that point on? ABSOLUTELY

Last edited:
Honestly though, you think the same governing body responsible for handing out a 5 year ban on Diaz for weed is just properly doing their job when this is the second time Jones is busted for a legit PED and they're handing him down 15 months?

That was not USADA

That was not USADA

True but this is all happening under the UFC banner, and they obviously had a hand in getting Jones a reduced sentence. What about Machida or Mendes then, that's a more legit comparison.

Back