Mousasi: UFC in Decline (Bad Management by Dana White)

How often are UFC fight cards weak (2018)?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“I feel the UFC is declining because they’re putting on bad cards, the main events are not that intriguing,” Mousasi said. “We have a lot of big names fighting now in Bellator. You have Quinton (Jackson) vs. Wanderlei (Silva), that’s a superfight on its own, obviously (Lyoto) Machida is now here. Ryan Bader. You have Matt Mitrione, you have so many big names.

“I think because of my long career, I’m now where I should be and I’m taking every chance I get to fight for the big fights.”

. . .

“I think they’re competing very well,” MacDonald, who beat UFC WW champion Tyron Woodley, said when asked to compare the welterweight divisions in the UFC and Bellator. “I like what Bellator’s doing with the management of it better. I think we have a more exciting division especially with the way they’re doing tournaments. I just think they’re managing it better, their talent. They’re giving us better opportunities.

“Obviously, UFC has great talent, but the matchups and the way they’re managing it, I don’t find it very intriguing and I find the fans are feeling the same way about it.”

. . .

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/...si-believes-ufc-is-declining-due-to-bad-cards

Lol when your big names include Ryan Bader and Matt Mitrione then you don't have that many big names.

Also Rampage vs Wandy is not a superfight

Complaints about watered-down cards and too many events started a long time ago but White still hasn't fixed this glaring problem.

UFC definitely ain’t doin that well.

But Bellator is too stupid to capitalize.

Fight game is full slimeball reptilian promoters.

more lame sh$% talking from moose... the cards are watered down but he couldn't hang and ran away from another promotion. only good career move was to sign to ufc

remember when he was talking about how simple Lyoto was and had him figured out?
Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_4.gif

“I feel the UFC is declining because they’re putting on bad cards, the main events are not that intriguing,” Mousasi said. “We have a lot of big names fighting now in Bellator. You have Quinton (Jackson) vs. Wanderlei (Silva), that’s a superfight on its own, obviously (Lyoto) Machida is now here. Ryan Bader. You have Matt Mitrione, you have so many big names.

“I think because of my long career, I’m now where I should be and I’m taking every chance I get to fight for the big fights.”

. . .

“I think they’re competing very well,” MacDonald, who beat UFC WW champion Tyron Woodley, said when asked to compare the welterweight divisions in the UFC and Bellator. “I like what Bellator’s doing with the management of it better. I think we have a more exciting division especially with the way they’re doing tournaments. I just think they’re managing it better, their talent. They’re giving us better opportunities.

“Obviously, UFC has great talent, but the matchups and the way they’re managing it, I don’t find it very intriguing and I find the fans are feeling the same way about it.”

. . .

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/...si-believes-ufc-is-declining-due-to-bad-cards

Rampage vs. Wanderlei is a superfight? Ummm, 2008 called
Bader and Mitrione are big names? Ummm

Let me guess, Ken Shamrock will be revitalizing the HW division in 2019.

Did he mention Sherdog again?

SO, let's look at Bellator and UFC's last television events.

Bellator 204 (Main card.) (Their most promoted fighter on the card.) 319,000.

UFC 228 (Prelims.) 683,000. (Their lowest number this year.)

Yeah. UFC's weakest cards are Bellator's best. Go away Moose.

Rampage vs Wandy a superfight?!?!

I heard the saying "get with the times." That doesn't even apply here, clearly GayGuard's not even with the fucking decade right now.

Yeah...that math doesn't work.

And also your fighting for an Org. that has names because the UFC chose to part with them.

Let me know about Bellators next PPV.

Just embrace the B leagues and yeah...STFU.

The ufc might be putting on watered down products sometimes but lol at the people saying its declining. Its legit worth more now than when zuffa sold it

Fucking noob.

Lol at me being a noob. You might be the only dude fucking pumped for Tito vs Chuck 3.

Jesus these guys were washed up over 5 years ago. I get it bro you're old. You don't get young pussy anymore and now everything sucks. I'm sure I will be there soon but thankfully not quite yet

the UFC has over 500 people on their roster -- so obviously some cards are not going to be great on paper, but they are usually free and people need to make a living, so they are plentiful due to the amount of fighters under the UFC. This not a bad thing at all.

Also, the amount of big name fights happening from now to around superbowl week blows anything bellator has to offer out of the water.

mystic me saw this back in 2012

ufc is dying

Im actually really excited about this but yeah part IV at 45 or however old they are isn't as excciting as III in UFC 92 man that was great card!!!

Ufc 92 was a sick card. Why are you really excited? Neither has had an exciting fight in 5 years

Back