WME/USADA era = worse steroid-standards than Pride/Zuffa

Dionysian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Progressive taxation is what nearly every first world country has (besides Russia which I think has a flat tax). It means the more money you make the more you pay in taxes (though the ultra-rich can use loopholes to pay nothing of course). But the theory is pretty straightforward... the more you make the higher standard you are held to.

Regressive taxation means the LESS money you make the HIGHER percentage you would pay. For example, if you made under 40k your tax is 50% but if you made more than 250k your tax is 10%.That is what USADA is. The more power/money you have (Jones) the less the punishment. The big guys (the ones that are MOST benefiting from steroids) are the ones punished least and the guys with the least fame/power are the sacrifices made to keep up appearances.

Pride/pre-USADA Zuffa was a flat tax. Everyone is equal. WME/USADA era is regressive tax. The people most needing discipline are those that are sure not to get it. I've been on the fence on USADA before but today shows clear as day it is corrupt to it's core and it is a step BACK in terms of steroid standards/regulation/fairness. Better to have NO accountability (pre-USADA era UFC and Pride) than reverse accountability. Reverse accountability means the up and comer taking walmart shit (or weed lol) gets years, while the Nike superstar on designer roids gets off.

If you want to clean up the sport and put it on a level playing field, ditch USADA.

He didn’t get popped for designer stuff. Is there evidence he was on designer stuff laced with non designer easily detectable stuff?

Right so getting suspended 45 months is worse than not testing anyone ever?

walenski.jpg

You were fooled, I was fooled, we were all fooled,...'there is no USADA,...there never was,...its all just a big fucking joke'....................

Progressive taxation is what nearly every first world country has (besides Russia which I think has a flat tax). It means the more money you make the more you pay in taxes (though the ultra-rich can use loopholes to pay nothing of course). But the theory is pretty straightforward... the more you make the higher standard you are held to.

Regressive taxation means the LESS money you make the HIGHER percentage you would pay. For example, if you made under 40k your tax is 50% but if you made more than 250k your tax is 10%.That is what USADA is. The more power/money you have (Jones) the less the punishment. The big guys (the ones that are MOST benefiting from steroids) are the ones punished least and the guys with the least fame/power are the sacrifices made to keep up appearances.

Pride/pre-USADA Zuffa was a flat tax. Everyone is equal. WME/USADA era is regressive tax. The people most needing discipline are those that are sure not to get it. I've been on the fence on USADA before but today shows clear as day it is corrupt to it's core and it is a step BACK in terms of steroid standards/regulation/fairness. Better to have NO accountability (pre-USADA era UFC and Pride) than reverse accountability. Reverse accountability means the up and comer taking walmart shit (or weed lol) gets years, while the Nike superstar on designer roids gets off.

If you want to clean up the sport and put it on a level playing field, ditch USADA.
I came here to bash your title, but after reading your arguement, I think you make a lot of sense. It's kind of how it is in America though. The super rich can get away with more because they can afford lawyers. The poor get public defenders that are over worked and underpaid. I think it would probably be more even if there was no testing. I'd have to agree with you. It's not that it's the best thing, but it seems more fair than what's going on now. I say let them all juice and put on entertaining fights. Would be safer if they had doctors controlling their regiment.

Pride and TRT era UFC was the best way to go about peds and testing. Just let then use and fucking forget about it.

Right now we have selective enforcement. You bring in money you get a pass. Jones was literally only tested recently because of his pending suspension. Tested once. Lol. A huge joke. No consistency. USADA is a sham and whatever UFC pays USADA is too much. Give that money to the fighters.

Chad Mendes - 2 year suspension on first violation
Werdum - 2 year suspension on first violation, with a history of being clean and more clean tests than Jones

Jon Jones - second positive test in the USADA era, 15 month suspension

Can someone explain this to me in a way that doesn't highlight how incredibly shady USADA seems to be

He didn’t get popped for designer stuff. Is there evidence he was on designer stuff laced with non designer easily detectable stuff?
Educate me because I don't know. Turinabol is high-level, right? Perhaps my usage of "designer" is off, I'm not sure.

Right so getting suspended 45 months is worse than not testing anyone ever?
45 months? Who are you talking about? And yes, my point in the OP is that an even playing field = more fair than an uneven playing field.

I don't think you can dispute that philosophically speaking, and I fail to see how anyone can conclude it is anything besides an "uneven" playing field logically speaking.
Werdum - 2 year suspension on first violation, with a history of being clean and more clean tests than Jones

Can someone explain this to me in a way that doesn't highlight how incredibly shady USADA seems to be
Seconded!

Jones got 45 months but got 30 months reduced for snitching on other fighters, trainers, Ped suppliers. Facts first then you post

How did you make rich people get in less trouble sound so convoluted? It's not an AMERICAN thing either its a humanity thing. This is fight entertainment buddy and it mimics real life where the most successful people rule. I'd go take an economics course for starters and think of a more distilled version of stating reality.

How did you make rich people get in less trouble sound so convoluted? It's not an AMERICAN thing either its a humanity thing. This is fight entertainment buddy and it mimics real life where the most successful people rule. I'd go take an economics course for starters and think of a more distilled version of stating reality.
I never said the word American. Once. I'd take a kindergarten reading comprehension course for starters.

So one of the UFC's best and most popular fighters has sat out years of his career for what?

Dude there's an element of sarcasm in what I said lol,...I posted a pic, it's from a movie, like someone here said, it's the 'GOAT' movie, have you seen it?

You need to see the film to understand why I said it lol...

well, no -- jones still has to prove his claims and is going down a road no one, even top fighters have gone down before. He still could get 4 years. Machida and Werdum would be considered 1 percenters as well, and they got the hammer.

well, no -- jones still has to prove his claims and is going down a road no one, even top fighters have gone down before. He still could get 4 years. Machida and Werdum would be considered 1 percenters as well, and they got the hammer.
How could he still get 4 years?

And Machida and Werdum (despite being well-known names to hardcores) kind of make my point in that they aren't draws. You compare them to the treatment given to bigger investments like Brock and Jones and the difference is glaring.

How could he still get 4 years?

And Machida and Werdum (despite being well-known names to hardcores) kind of make my point in that they aren't draws. You compare them to the treatment given to bigger investments like Brock and Jones and the difference is glaring.
He got a reduction on suspension on the grounds that he is cooperating to provide information on someone else, however, if he doesn't continue to aide that investigation or if it doesn't go anywhere, his 30 months gets added back on.

There's a few articles about it

Back