Jon Jones Snitched to Get a Lighter Sentence

“I’ve always been a person who tries to do the right thing in life, for the most part,” said Jones. “I’m no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don’t want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I’ve always been down for the good side, I guess.”

Remember when he said he used to tell on the kids in school that smoked weed?

<JonesLaugh>

I read the statement and it's worded like he ratted to get a lighter sentence, but then the statement also says they believe Jones didn't intentionally cheat. Don't think both of those can be true.

From the official decision, page 34 https://ufc.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/Final-Redacted-Award-Jones-and-USADA.pdf

"64. USADA has determined that Mr. Jones' sanction should be reduced based on substantial assistance pursuant to Article 10.6"

(You can also read the following point that is 65 citing article 10.6.1.1 of the anti doping policy. Sorry can't copy paste).

From the anti doping policy, page 21 https://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/UFC-anti-doping-policy-EN.pdf

10.6 Elimination, Reduction, or Suspension of Period of Ineligibility or other Consequences for Reasons Other than Fault 10.6.1 Substantial Assistance in Discovering or Establishing AntiDoping Policy Violations 10.6.1.1 USADA in its sole discretion may suspend all or part of the period of Ineligibility and other Consequences imposed in an individual case in which it has results management authority where the Athlete or other Person has provided Substantial Assistance to USADA or another Anti-Doping Organization, criminal authority or professional disciplinary body which results in: (i) USADA or another Anti-Doping Organization discovering or bringing forward an Anti-Doping Policy Violation by another Person and the information provided by the Person providing Substantial Assistance is made available to USADA, or (ii) which results in a criminal or disciplinary body discovering or bringing forward a criminal offense or the breach of professional rules committed by another Person and the information provided by the Person providing Substantial Assistance is made available to USADA. The extent to which the otherwise applicable period of Ineligibility and other Consequences imposed may be suspended shall be based on the seriousness of the Anti-Doping Policy Violation committed by the Athlete or other Person and the significance of the Substantial Assistance provided by the Athlete or other Person to the effort to eliminate doping in sport. If the Athlete or other Person fails to continue to cooperate and to provide the complete and credible Substantial Assistance upon which a suspension of the period of Ineligibility or other Consequences was based, USADA shall reinstate the original period of Ineligibility and other Consequences.

@dimspace should chime in, but afaik to get the substantial assistance reduction one has to admit guilt (I might be wrong). However, I still have to read the whole decision.

is USADA the attorney general now?

He can name the Zodiac killer for all i care....USADAs job is to punish cheaters,

Maybe it's the dude Cerrone talked about on JRE.

Jones snitching on people for doing drugs while he's doing the same sketchy shit. some things never change.

"My friends were never my friend" - Jon Jones

How will we know if he actually snitched someone out? Will there be a group of fighters that pop at once?

yeah, that was possible. interesting

Obviously he ratted on Werdum.

He probably turned in the wrestling coach Donald was talking about, and other Jackson Wink fighters. What a fuckin disgrace...

Back