UFC made more money on the below average Hunt vs Oleinik card than Till/Woodley

ViD

🇷🇺🤝🇺🇸
@Brown
Reaction score
$1.87m gate in Moscow vs $1.7m gate in Dallas

Last edited:
Imagine if the khabi/Conor fight was in Russia.

Did ufc try for it?

You're not factoring in the 67 PPV purchases for Till - Woodley.

Wonder how the taxes go

Usually gotta pay for two countries when you do international work

So the very first UFC card in Russia stacked to the gills with Russians did a better gate than a standard PPV? Color me surprised.................the gate should have been higher in Russia.

So the very first UFC card in Russia stacked to the gills with Russians did a better gate than a standard PPV? Color me surprised.................the gate should have been higher in Russia.
Championship fight with uk contender (next mcgregor) comparing to two old farts and random russians?

It was a weak ass card with bunch of no names on it. What were you expecting? 100mn gate?

It was a weak ass card with bunch of no names on it. What were you expecting? 100mn gate?
I think you misunderstand me. I expected the first Russian card ever to draw more than a PPV gate, which it did.

Last edited:
Gate isn't everything, though. Hard to say if the event netted more money after payouts, sponsors, staff, etc.

Any big ppv has to be in the US, everyone else gets them for free for pennies on the dollar without having to stream it. In order to rip us off it has to be on during our primetime.

wow thats amazing. it is almost like it was held in a bigger venue so they could sell more tickets

It's because Till and Woodley has the same personality as a wet paper bag.

Gate?

Moscow Olympic Arena Capacity - 35000

American Airlines Center Capacity - 18500

Hunt can still bring in a bunch of eyes because he's such a vet. Till was virtually unknown to the majority of casuals and Woodley is essentially the least liked champ even within hardcore fans. It's probably the same reason that Liddell/Ortiz will probably do well at the gate, people recognize the name.

Back