The state of the LW division

Just Creed

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The 155 belt hasn't been successfully defended since December 2015.

RDA smashed Cerrone.

Then got smashed by Eddie

Who then got smashed by Conor

Who then never defended and was stripped

Tony Ferg then won the vacant title v Kevin Lee

Then Tony tripped up and was stripped

Then Khabib won the vacant title v Al Iaquinta

If Conor beats Khabib, it will mean it won't have been successfully defended since December 2015, nearly 3 years. Crazy

If Khabib does succeed in taking Connie down we may have a very shoopable fight :)
Lots of tired, desperate looking up at the clock-type faces

Defending in a division with so much talent won't be easy moving forward. Tons of great fights to make no matter who wins in the near term.

Defending in a division with so much talent won't be easy moving forward. Tons of great fights to make no matter who wins in the near term.
I just miss the days of BJ Penn, the dude was a killer and defended a couple times.

Shades of LHW before Jones. The hot potato div. That's what happens when everyone in the top 5 have similar skill-sets.

That's what's gonna make whoever reigns that division for years a GOAT.

I'm thinking it's Khabib, but I got my eyes on Dan Hooker. Need him to be tested soon.

Shades of LHW before Jones. The hot potato div. That's what happens when everyone in the top 5 have similar skill-sets.

That's what's gonna make whoever reigns that division for years a GOAT.

I'm thinking it's Khabib, but I got my eyes on Dan Hooker. Need him to be tested soon.
I'm looking forward to seeing Hooker tested. He's an animal at 155

Conor is going to win back his rightful title soon enough.

Then he'll probably get gifted a shot at Woodley, somehow clip him in the opening exchange, win a title in another division.

At which point he'll fuck off again, having won titles in 3 different division and not defending once.

Meanwhile Khabib and Tony will have had their interim-champ fight booked and cancelled like 4 times.

If we're being honest? The lineal champ imo is obviously Mayweather, but the REAL champ is Tony.

His run was much harder, full of top 5-10 fighters, and much longer than Khabib or Conor. I mean he's like 3 fighters shy of cleaning out the top 10

If we're being honest? The lineal champ imo is obviously Mayweather, but the REAL champ is Tony.

His run was much harder, full of top 5-10 fighters, and much longer than Khabib or Conor. I mean he's like 3 fighters shy of cleaning out the top 10
I feel bad for Tony tbh. He was royally screwed

Khabib will hold that title as long as he fights in the lw division..

The 155 belt hasn't been successfully defended since December 2015.

RDA smashed Cerrone.

Then got smashed by Eddie

Who then got smashed by Conor

Who then never defended and was stripped

Tony Ferg then won the vacant title v Kevin Lee

Then Tony tripped up and was stripped

Then Khabib won the vacant title v Al Iaquinta

If Conor beats Khabib, it will mean it won't have been successfully defended since December 2015, nearly 3 years. Crazy

All I read was "We need a LW Grand Prix"

I agree.

Conor is going to win back his rightful title soon enough.

Then he'll probably get gifted a shot at Woodley, somehow clip him in the opening exchange, win a title in another division.

At which point he'll fuck off again, having won titles in 3 different division and not defending once.

Meanwhile Khabib and Tony will have had their interim-champ fight booked and cancelled like 4 times.
For sure, Conor's 145 power that didn't even translate well to 155 is gonna translate to 170 and he's gonna starch a 200+ lb man who can throw him like a shot put lol

I think the state of the lw division is Arkansas

Back