Tibau vs Nurmagomedov

daj

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Who remembers this fight? How’d you score it? It’s been awhile but I remember it being a tossup

Khabib won every round. Tibau did nothing but hold him the whole time, plus, he was juiced to the gills.

Scored it for Gleison.

Tibau was on roids, khabib was a noob, and he still couldnt beat him. /thread

29-28 for Khabib.

Aside from Gleison's two take downs, he really couldn't get anything else done. Khabib constantly pressured him, landed shots on the feet, and at least tried to force action.

It wasn't some one sided fight in favor of Gleison. It was close, but I had khabib winning.

Close but scored it 29/28 for Khabib.

It was a really boring fight, neither of them did shit. Khabib literally won because he was going forward but he couldn't complete a takedown and Tibau out boxed him. I remember being ok with Khabib winning even though Tibau honestly did better because like i said, both of them didn't do shit, Tibau just was just more effective.

In hindsight it's a really good performance from Khabib because he was still a prospect and Tibau was a veteran and a bad style matchup for Khabib, Tibau has one of the best TDD% in LW history. Didn't truely deserve the win though. It was towards the end of that time period in MMA where "octogon control" or whatever was misused and judges often rewarded the losing guy because he was the one moving his feet forwards.

Last edited:
They(me) don’t call Tibau “Khabibs Arona” for nothing

Very sloppy from both dudes.

Depends what you value. Tibau landed cleaner shots, but khabib pressured him and had WAY more octagon control.
Khabib threw more against the fence, but alot of them were arm punches.

Although it was khabibs worse showing in the UFC, it shows he wont be stopped in his pressure game even when getting tagged. (same with his sambo loss too)

Khabib won every round. Tibau did nothing but hold him the whole time, plus, he was juiced to the gills.
That’s it

/thread

Tibau clearly won the fight and was robbed to make way for a new wrestlefucker

Can't remember 6 years ago that well. Obviously they are the exact same fighters they were back then. Just like Conor is the same fighter as 2008 when he was 4-2. :rolleyes:

I would score those kind of fights as a draw. So it was a draw in my mind. But with the current rules, 29-28 Tibau. Tibau won 1st and 3rd by striking and takedowns. Khabib won 2nd by pressure and cage control.

Back