Would you rather Jones vs. Gustafsson 2 or Jones vs. Cormier 3?

Rubberchin

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
If Jones is going to headline MSG, which fight would you prefer?

Jones Gustafsson 2

Honestly he doesn't deserve to just come in and pick up where he left off after getting caught cheating twice now

Personally I wouldn't ever let him fight DC again lol

we already know who's the better man between jones and DC. jones and gus was close, and even jones wants a second go at it

Straight to the point huh ts?

I'm torn. I don't think Jones deserves the DC fight, but I personally want to see how they clash at HW. DC has a lot to lose, the belt, the Brock fight, riding off into the sunset. Honestly tho I wouldn't be surprised to see Champ Huge Balls take the fight. The man is just made of something else, his belief is similar to Conor's, they just express it differently.

Jones-Gustaffson 2. DC should stay at HW for the Brock fight and then come back down to end his career at LHW if he wishes. Plus Jones and Alex have business to attend to.

Jones/Gus 2 no question. Outcome is not certain either way and there needs to be a rematch. Jones has already toyed around with Cormier twice and beat him convincingly.

The Gus fight should have been made years ago a rematch is long overdue

Jones vs DC 3 in HW when they are still young

The stakes for a Jones Cormier trilogy @ HW would be the most any fight has ever had in MMA history and the build up between those 2 is always legendary. So while I’d rather see that fight I wouldn’t want it so soon at MSG.

Let Jones crush Gus at MSG and give us Jones DC 3 @ HW for the end of the year card in December.

DC 3 at heavyweight would have me more excited than Gust 2. But in overall preference for Jones return:

1. Cain at HW
2. DC at HW
3. Gust at 205
4. Stipe at HW
5. DC at 205

Last edited:
Love DC but i really have no interest in seeing them fight a 3rd time. I get it. DC will probaly never beat Jon.

A Gus rematch on the other hand is something we havent already seen twice and is something alot of people have been waiting a long time for.

Depends. I think DC should get to decide. If Jones was using, and DC is confident that he did it on purpose, I could see him wanting another run. He was doing pretty good anyways before getting finished. Personality I believe Jones is the GOAT on of off PEDs but I guess we'll see if he comes back. There's been plenty of fighters whether being caught or not that declined badly without using. There's the obvious ones but then there's the ones who never got popped. It's hard for me to believe that Hendricks and Barao especially can go from demolishing the top talents to not being able to win a fight against mid tier guys that quickly.

Gus. And gus vs DC too. Gus is too inactive though and maybe not as mentally tough as the two others but can put ish and beat either

Either is a good fight. The outcome is obvious for both fights that Jones will. Win since he's the GOAT. But if you want to see someone get destroyed by Jones then you'll want him to vs Daniel Belt Warmer Cormier at lhw or hw don't matter.

The stakes for a Jones Cormier trilogy @ HW would be the most any fight has ever had in MMA history and the build up between those 2 is always legendary. So while I’d rather see that fight I wouldn’t want it so soon at MSG.

Let Jones crush Gus at MSG and give us Jones DC 3 @ HW for the end of the year card in December.

Ok Sakakibara, I like where your head is at but nobody is fighting Alexander Gustafson one month and Daniel Cormier the next month.

But Jones-DC 3 at HW is the biggest fight in MMA history. Stop playing yourselves.

If they try to make Jones vs Gus they will likely try to pry the LHW away from DC to make it a title fight, I would want Jones vs Gus if it's not a title fight, I would also like to see Jones vs DC at HW.

Back