DC: Till & Chuck were crazy trying impossible combo | Only Conor can do it

Seismic

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
“Darren Till threw one shot,” the UFC double-champ said. “When he finally decided to go — I’ve always hated this combination.”

Cormier also pointed out that this particular punch can only be pulled off by the former “champ-champ” Conor McGregor.

“The only person that should ever throw a lead uppercut, punch down the middle is Conor McGregor. He’s the only person that has successfully done that time and time again. Conor goes uppercut, straight left hand. Everybody else: stop! No I’m serious. Everybody else, stop!”

“Chuck Liddell almost got killed against Rashad Evans because [he did] that. And now look at Darren Till. You can not throw that. It’s a flawed technique. Because when you do this, and you’re loading that counter-hand, when you’re loading that second punch… You are so exposed [to the counter].

Great to see DC recognize a skill that only Conor possesses.

There's only one combo that matters.

ca486e985835ee3de8f19808e5d94660.gif

Liddell situation was completely different then what is being referenced here..Liddell wasn't throwing the uppercut to set up another shot he was throwing it to be head Rashad..and Rashad used one of Liddells own favorite techniques the overhand to counter and they almost Koed each other..Rashad was literally a fraction of a second faster with his shot and that's why he Koed Liddell otherwise Liddell would of tooken Rashad chin

Allow Sensei Bang to demystify that for you. DC is my dude, and is definitely an amazing analyst, both for stand up and ground fighters. But the man comes from a grappling background. Can't expect him to know everything.

Didn't Gus light Glover up with a lead upercut?
SkinnyCelebratedAmazonparrot-size_restricted.gif
Rear. And Glover was all Bambi'd up.

Liddell situation was completely different then what is being referenced here..Liddell wasn't throwing the uppercut to set up another shot he was throwing it to be head Rashad..and Rashad used one of Liddells own favorite techniques the overhand to counter and they almost Koed each other..Rashad was literally a fraction of a second faster with his shot and that's why he Koed Liddell otherwise Liddell would of tooken Rashad chin
Not sure if Rashad would've for sure been koed, but yea, Chuck wasn't throwing that combo.... I don't think

Not sure if Rashad would've for sure been koed, but yea, Chuck wasn't throwing that combo.... I don't think

Yea he never has..he was famous for that uppercut and the overhand.. many have fallen from those two techniques alone..not even factoring in his kicks and hook/jab to straight combo.. Rashad would of fell..it just grazed him because chuck was hit ..without Rashad landing it would of found his chin he ducked abit too to throw the overhand that would add to the power for chuck ..

I've watched it several times..it was the first time I was speechless and just wondering how this could happen..that wouldn't happen again till Anderson Silvas leg break..

Sounds like DC and Mendez will have Khabib well prepared to wrestle around Conor's uppercuts.

Good news.
Khabib already wrestles around uppercuts...the lead uppercut isnt going to work well to counter against khabib because he will be dipping his head low and deep to Conor's right. If anything Conors gonna try to slide left and back and throw a counter rear uppercut.

The lead uppercut he uses to slide in and mask his left down the pipe. He uses it almost like a jab. He feints the left, comes in with the lead, and follows up with a hard left. Its a well known southpaw setup in boxing....

Baloney. In most real fights I've been in, the lead uppercut is the winner and a secret weapon nobody expects. Obviously against skilled, world class fighters I have no idea but I would expect it depends on who you're fighting and whether they have good boxing.

This is the first thing I thought of, fuck people like to ride Mcgregor's nuts hard, must be for the attention or something.
Gus dropped Thiago Silva immediately with an uppercut in their fight too. I dont remmeber which hand he used.
I also thought Kelvin Gastelum did some weird looking lead hand uppercut to start off his Tim Kennedy tko

This is the first thing I thought of, fuck people like to ride Mcgregor's nuts hard, must be for the attention or something.
Thats not a lead upper cut and its not followed by a straight power shot

That's not a lead uppercut, a lead uppercut is done with the hand that is forward, that is a jab back hand/rear uppercut..

But that’s the punch DC is referring to chuck attempting to throw that got him KO’ed. Till wasn’t trying to throw a lead uppercut as you described it either. DC clearly is referring to leading a combo with an uppercut. It might be the most dangerous punch to lead a combo with.

Last edited:
But that’s the punch DC is referring to chuck attempting to throw that got him KO’ed. Till wasn’t trying to throw a lead uppercut as you described it either. DC clearly is referring to leading a combo with an uppercut. It might be the most dangerous punch to lead a combo with.
That's what I thought he meant since he was talking about Chuck
2dj3xbr.gif

Till threw some weird shit and left his whole body and head straight up and down.
Edit:
woodley-knockdown-ufc-228.gif

Last edited:
Back