Khabib has 10/10 finishes at welterweight

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
6 of those are TKO's-

Is he even more of a monster up there? And how would he do against Woodley and other top welterweights?

AMjQhr1.gif

How many top 15 fighters has he ever fought at WW? Is it none?

I don't think Woodley is a great matchup for him. Very good and physically powerful wrestler with potent striking would definitely give him trouble. His advantage over Woodley would perhaps be his gas tank.

I don't think we can draw too many conclusions from his existing WW record. He did beat RDA at a lower weight at least, so that's that but even that doesn't mean an automatic win vs WW RDA.

But if Khabib moved up and dominated WW I wouldn't be shocked either, dude is a beast.

WW has some pretty serious wrestlers (Woodley, Colby, and Usman) so it would be much more difficult for him but he'd be right up there that's for sure. If Maia wasn't past it and had better cardio it'd be a dream come true match up for me.

6 of those are TKO's-

Is he even more of a monster up there? And how would he do against Woodley and other top welterweights?

AMjQhr1.gif
You do know his pre-ufc record is a bunch of cans, he was like 8-0 fighting debut fighters. His dad was smart, went the ole boxing route of padding his sons record and then sending him over to the US long after he was ready. You see that with a lot of russian/caucuses fighters, they pad their records with cans then come to the usa with 10-0+ records.

He was already a sambo world champ 14-0 in mma and was fighting 0-0 debut fighters. Lmao

You do know his pre-ufc record is a bunch of cans, he was like 8-0 fighting debut fighters. His dad was smart, went the ole boxing route of padding his sons record and then sending him over to the US long after he was ready. You see that with a lot of russian/caucuses fighters, they pad their records with cans then come to the usa with 10-0+ records.

He was already a sambo world champ 14-0 in mma and was fighting 0-0 debut fighters. Lmao

Yep. Khabib is a great fighter but anybody who thinks is "26-0" is super impressive is delusional. Can name maybe 5 people he beat that actually are notable.

Yet he's still 10-0, never lost a round in supposedly the best MMA org in the world. Show me anyone who entered UFC with an Undefeated record and went 10-0.

Usman and Woodley would kill the kid. Id like to see Colby/Khabib, Colby isnt huge and I think Khabib beats him. WB would style on Khabib. Its not nice for Khabib at WW.

Yep. Khabib is a great fighter but anybody who thinks is "26-0" is super impressive is delusional. Can name maybe 5 people he beat that actually are notable.
Big Wins:
Barboza, Al, MJ, RDA

Notable:
Tibau, Trujillo, Healy, Tavares

Last edited:
Yet he's still 10-0, never lost a round in supposedly the best MMA org in the world. Show me anyone who entered UFC with an Undefeated record and went 10-0.
That doesn't change the fact he was a 14-0 mma fighter who was a 2 time sambo world champ fighting a fucking 0-0 debut fighter.

I never said he streak wasn't impressive in the UFC. I stated his padded record means jackshit at WW.

Al doesn't count IMO. He had prepared to fight paul felder and got khabib instead.
Then all short notice fights done count by that logic, thats dumb. Al fought and lost. Doesnt matter if it was short notice or not.

Then all short notice fights done count by that logic, thats dumb. Al fought and lost. Doesnt matter if it was short notice or not.

that's cool, we'll just agree to disagree.

a big win shouldn't count as a #2 guy beating a #11 guy whos on short notice

that's cool, we'll just agree to disagree.

a big win shouldn't count as a #2 guy beating a #11 guy whos on short notice
By that logic, Nate's win over Conor shouldnt count because of the short notice etc. Just asinine imo.

By that logic, Nate's win over Conor shouldnt count because of the short notice etc. Just asinine imo.

Not true at all since Nate didn't even have a camp and Conor did. it's a big difference.

Thank you for always being a reasonable conor fan. I appreciate posters like you

WW has some pretty serious wrestlers (Woodley, Colby, and Usman) so it would be much more difficult for him but he'd be right up there that's for sure. If Maia wasn't past it and had better cardio it'd be a dream come true match up for me.

I'd love to see Maia khabib Khabib the same way Maia fitched Fitch.

Dan Hooker said Khabib is 209lbs in the gym. The dude is a freaking giant.

Back