Khabib is the most complete grappler to ever compete in MMA

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I find it funny how you guys are now making efforts on finding Khabib holes in his grappling and yet fail to recognize that is very probable that he's the most complete grappler to ever compete in MMA. And this is the reason of his great success in despite his pretty average level of striking.

Yes GSP and Mendes have better wrestling singles and doubles but Khabib have them plus a much better creativity and variety of other Sambo TD's and throws.

Yes Maia and Ortega have way better subs but Khabib has that plus overall a much much better stand-up grappling.

Yes Karo and Akiyama had better Judo throws but Khabib has them plus a much better ground control.

Yes Cormier and Colby have better clinch control but Khabib has that plus much better subs.

The list can keep going but you get the point.

Last edited:
Here's a couple of guys that disagree.

He will be a complete grappler once he makes my top boring wrasslers sig...

If you're below MW you immediately disqualify yourself in any "complete" discussion.

NEWS FLASH: SIZE AND STRENGTH are vital in grappling. If you're a LW you're way too small to be effective against decent HW grapplers regardless of how P4P skilled you are, which means no, you're not complete.

He's up there as the best overall MMA grappler I've ever seen, for sure

Conor fans are telling me his genius level defensive wrestling and grappling tactics are going to be too much for him
{<jordan}

He will be a complete grappler once he makes my top boring wrasslers sig...
Or maybe his grappling is so dynamic and fluid that even a inbred incel like you can see that it’s not boring

Here's a couple of guys that disagree.

They don't have the incredible arsenal of variety of takedowns and throws that Khabib brings from multiple disciplines (Sambo, judo, and freestyle Dagestan style of wrestling)

Jake Shields maybe ?

That guys in Underrated AF.
Can't throw a Power punch to save his life, still won Vs a shit tons of top fighters.

Including a grappling MMA match with fkcing Damian Maia

They don't have the incredible arsenal of variety of takedowns and throws that Khabib brings from multiple disciplines (Sambo, judo, and freestyle Dagestan style of wrestling)

They didnt have to nearly kill themselves every fight just so that they could massively outweigh their opponents though

Jake Shields maybe ?

That guys in Underrated AF.
Can't throw a Power punch to save his life, still won Vs a shit tons of top fighters.

Including a grappling MMA match with fkcing Damian Maia

Watch his fights against Lombard and GSP and you can see his lacking in standup grappling. He couldn't even take Akiyama down and instead Akiyama threw him beautifully.

Except it is.
Why isn’t it in your list then? Seems relevant given today’s mma climate, Khabib’s got the biggest fight coming up out on anyone that is on your list. Either you like Khabib or you are slacking. Seriously, Ben Askren? Did you stop following mma in 2015 but just forgot to stop posting here?

Have to agree, the guy wins by grappling and is 26 0 in the lw division

Instructors-Profile-Ben-Askren.png

Watch his fights against Lombard and GSP and you can see his lacking in standup grappling. He couldn't even take Akiyama down and instead Akiyama threw him beautifully.
Well
GSP is the best MMA wrestler ever

And Lombard is one of the best Judokas to compete in mma.

+ Jake was undersized at MW.

Back