Serious Claim: Khabib’s boxing is hugely underrated

ClueChap

don't let the belt fool ya boi
@Orange
Reaction score
i believe the way he hides behind his hands and places his punches is actually seriously impressive and gets overlooked, power is solid but not all the way there, but yeah I genuinely believe this, his boxing is actually pretty tight considering he never really trained it all that much when he was younger

If he doesn't take down Conor within the first minute, he gets slept. His boxing is haram.

If he doesn't take down Conor within the first minute, he gets slept. His boxing is haram.
I never said his boxing was up to scratch to compete with Conor’s, because f*ck me that couldn’t be further from the truth. I just think it gets over looked and is underrated.
But I don’t know about that. Sure there’s a chance but it seems you’re underestimating Bibs chin lol

AV bet says this jokester banned within a week

I think he has a few things going for him.
1. He's got pretty good instincts where he lacks technical skill especially defensively,
2. He's a wrestler so his opponents are more worried about td's (See Sonnen and Weidman dropping Silva) than his striking.
3. He's awkward, russian tricky as Iaquinta said

That said he is correct in his assertion that it's way too dangerous for him to strike with Conor, but I think his striking defense is good enough to allow him to implement his wrestling gameplan relatively unscathed and has been throughout his career.

It's not his striking as much as it's his fight IQ. That is what's underrated about his game. He sizes up his opponents within seconds, and knows who he can come in open against, and not. He catches his opponents off guard with the striking because they're so concerned about the takedown. He's also very deceiving. Remember what Al La quinta said; "I couldn't touch him. I touch everyone. He would hit me, and I would counter but he was never as close as I thought he was."

Love the way you give a fighter credit for an aspect of their game that is over looked but not massively impressive & people instantaneously jump to the conclusion that you’re claiming that it’s the best thing ever, relax guys, I’m not overhyping it that much, just stating that it’s pretty tight considering the fact that he never really trained it all that much, ITS NOT THAT DEEP FAM

He's got just good enough striking to keep fighters off balance. He seems to carry KO power in some of his unorthodox strikes.

I think he has a few things going for him.
1. He's got pretty good instincts where he lacks technical skill especially defensively,
2. He's a wrestler so his opponents are more worried about td's (See Sonnen and Weidman dropping Silva) than his striking.
3. He's awkward, russian tricky as Iaquinta said

That said he is correct in his assertion that it's way too dangerous for him to strike with Conor, but I think his striking defense is good enough to allow him to implement his wrestling gameplan relatively unscathed and has been throughout his career.
Yeah man I mean if anyone thinks he can stand and trade anything with Conor, punches or kicks they’re delusional, I never even mentioned Conor just saying it’s pretty tight all things considered

. He's a wrestler so his opponents are more worried about td's (See Sonnen and Weidman dropping Silva) than his striking.
Chael needed only his opponent to know his name for them to worry

It's not his striking as much as it's his fight IQ. That is what's underrated about his game. He sizes up his opponents within seconds, and knows who he can come in open against, and not. He catches his opponents off guard with the striking because they're so concerned about the takedown. He's also very deceiving. Remember what Al La quinta said; "I couldn't touch him. I touch everyone. He would hit me, and I would counter but he was never as close as I thought he was."
Chael needed only his opponent to know his name for them to worry
Chaels presence alone will have grown men quivering in their boots, don’t mess with American gangster #LongLiveTheSonnech

It's not that bad but it's not that great either. It more so just simply works. With high pace aggressive takedowns and crazy wild random strikes all just work together good.

Just like if Conor gets taken down within the first minute, he's getting beat up for the entire rest of the fight.

Khabib's boxing is about at the same level of Conor's BJJ: Not too bad, but probably shouldn't rely on it in this fight.

It's not that bad but it's not that great either. It more so just simply works. With high pace aggressive takedowns and crazy wild random strikes all just work together good.
I mean tbf his unorthodox striking can sometimes be his most powerful strikes

Just like if Conor gets taken down within the first minute, he's getting beat up for the entire rest of the fight.

Khabib's boxing is about at the same level of Conor's BJJ: Not too bad, but probably shouldn't rely on it in this fight.
Yeah I mean I never even insinuated that he utilise his boxing against Conor because he will get shat on, he needs to use that f*cking vice grip & clutch on to that McNugget for dear life & land land land

How hilarious would it be if Khabib ended up KOing Conor on the feet? This place would implode on itself.

he stopped taking iaquinta dwn and stood with him, kinda like practice, but conrad might counter him if he tries. gotta take colin down

Back