Khabib's single leg td threat is lowkey one of his deadliest weapons at 229 (educated fans only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysterio

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A lot of talk of his trips, chain wrestling and clinch/cage td's but his single legs are fast, and slick as hell and close the distance in short order.

I think we'll see more of this as he does not want to strike with Conor by his own words.

Edit: For all the wildly unrealistic fantasyland "head clean off" Conor fans who say he'd "snipe khabib shooting in" please show me one time in his career he has done that.

1rLqzj.gif

VPRrr1.gif

xvg55r.gif

oQ1KKK.gif

Conor's wide stance with his lead leg exposed to such a degree make him even more vulnerable to a single against someone who has mastered it
Conor is a southpaw. Khabib is orthodox. That means conor's lead leg will be even closer to khabib's lead hand, and add to that Conor's wide stance as well....Oh, and if khabib does a head outside single, then his face is even further away from any danger from Conor's left.
stance-11-29-39-752x501.png

Been saying it since Khabib won the title. Swing singles. They’re safe and out of Conor’s power. All Khabib needs is to get his hands on a leg. Even if Conor pulls his leg out, Khabib will initiate a scramble situation in which Conor is fucked. Beeb doesn’t have to finish the single, he just needs to get his hands on Conor. Swing singles are the safest way.

Wide stance asking for singles, and any karate style kick that he like to throw off that front side is like feeding steak to a dog. Every good wrestler I ever trained with will gladly eat a foot in order to grab it. Even if Khabib doesnt finish the single initially, you can chain basically everything off the single leg hold.

Last edited:
Yeah, Conor better pray he gets the KO before Khabib shoots because no way is he stopping that single.

McDollyThrow is not getting ankle picked

I think Conor will try to time uppercut counter. He has only one shot though. After Khabib grabs him it's over.

Just because it works on some Russian/Japanese cans doesn't mean it will work on Conor

IF he gets a hold of his leg like that it's surely a takedown. But he has to get to it first, He's slow and Conor is very fast. It's a risk for Khabib to dive like that.

He wont be able to shoot on mcgregor with ease like those others you posted hes gonna need to rely on clinch take downs

I think Conor will try to time uppercut counter. He has only one shot though. After Khabib grabs him it's over.
That would be a kind of hail mary fluke shot that Conor has never landed on somebody trying to shoot on him in his entire career. We're much more likely to see Conor use both of his hands to try and stuff the td and fail.

He wont be able to shoot on mcgregor with ease like those others you posted hes gonna need to rely on clinch take downs
Of course he will. Conor's stance is wide and his tdd is questionable. Iaquinta has much better tdd than Conor.

IF he gets a hold of his leg like that it's surely a takedown. But he has to get to it first, He's slow and Conor is very fast. It's a risk for Khabib to dive like that.
Conor is fast with hands and Khabib is slow with his, but as far as the speed of Khabib's shot and his grappling in general he's lightning quick and Conor has a lot of technical shortcomings.

He covers the distance fairly quickly in those gifs, but he is exposed, head down, hands nowhere close to defending, during it. Against a sniper like Conor, probably safer to block and back him against the cage to close more distance.
Show me one gif of Conor ever sniping someone shooting in on him.

This is fantasy world talk.

Khabib was successful on 2/8 of those outside shots on Al. He missed every one after the second round. Al adjusted by not falling for the jab feint and keeping his hands low/inside to frame off and defend the shot. Conor already uses the hands low/head movement to defend against jabs and he has greater reach than Al(more distance for Khabib to cover). Khabib mainly uses the outside shots when he is being pressured(Al and Healy fights), and that is what I expect Conor to do. Conor is not going to counter a low shot, just try to stuff them and force Khabib into bull rush tactics. Then the countering game comes out.
Khabib took Al down 6 times overall.

Al stuffed Kevin Lee 7/8 times.

Conor is leagues below both Lee and Al in wrestling.

Last edited:
He covers the distance fairly quickly in those gifs, but he is exposed, head down, hands nowhere close to defending, during it. Against a sniper like Conor, probably safer to block and back him against the cage to close more distance.

A lot of talk of his trips, chain wrestling and clinch/cage td's but his single legs are slick as hell and close the distance in short order.

I think we'll see more of this as he does not want to strike with Conor by his own words.

1rLqzj.gif

VPRrr1.gif

xvg55r.gif

oQ1KKK.gif

I could be wrong but wasnt one of Chad Mendes' takedowns on Conor a single leg converted to a double?

Conor has a good chance of landing effective counters. However, he will need to get the read on Khabib first. If Khabib is sloppy and desperate in his takedowns, I think there's a good chance that Conor knocks him out.

Khabib is too hittable, I think Conor sleeps him tbh.

I think Conor will counter it with the judo chop - a technique developed a long time ago to counter single-leg takedowns

Conors tdd is not like any others heres a view in what beeb does what conor does were rda messed up ect.

Khabib was successful on 2/8 of those outside shots on Al. He missed every one after the second round. Al adjusted by not falling for the jab feint and keeping his hands low/inside to frame off and defend the shot. Conor already uses the hands low/head movement to defend against jabs and he has greater reach than Al(more distance for Khabib to cover). Khabib mainly uses the outside shots when he is being pressured(Al and Healy fights), and that is what I expect Conor to do. Conor is not going to counter a low shot, just try to stuff them and force Khabib into bull rush tactics. Then the countering game comes out.

The only time Khabib will get close to Conor's ankles will be as he's falling towards the ground knocked the fuck out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back