Most painful Shogun loss

Readybodisready

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He has so many devastating losses, I can't think of another fighter with so many. From Forrest, to losing the title AND almost his life to Jones, to the devasting cry of disappointment when Hendo was announced as the winner in the first fight, to the broken nose in the rematch which made him fall backwards in agony, to the OSP skateboard disaster, to finally going asleep standing against Smith recently.

For me it's Hendo #2 because of how painful it looked and he almost, almost won that fight on several occasions and just couldn't beat this man.

He has so many devastating losses, I can't think of another fighter with so many. From Forrest, to losing the title AND almost his life to Jones, to the devasting cry of disappointment when Hendo was announced as the winner in the first fight, to the broken nose in the rematch which made him fall backwards in agony, to the OSP skateboard disaster, to finally going asleep standing against Smith recently.

For me it's Hendo #2 because of how painful it looked and he almost, almost won that fight on several occasions and just couldn't beat this man.
Sonnen.
because I was there to see it live.

Broke my heart to see Jones wreck him with ease.

Jones. He was redeemed after Forrest when he won the belt.

It felt like his time had finally come. Then he was smashed by this rookie as though he was a nobody. It was fucking horrible. And since then it’s all been a mess.

Coleman and not even close he broke his arm

Musta been jones because thats what started and likely still fuels the massive hatred towards him.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Chael, no doubt - Griffen hurt 2nd most. Shogun has been through the absolute ringer - starting with that horrific injury to Coleman in Pride. Those other losses where against good, solid fighters. Chael and Forrest are try harder guys, but Shogun should've creamed them both.

A tie between Chael and Smith. OSP is a close second.

He said saddest, not funniest.

giphy.webp

Hendo 2 was pretty bad since he was so close to getting his revenge from the first fight before getting added to Hendo's highlight reel.

I find the OSP one especially sad.Stepped on a skateboard and fell on his ass,and on top of that ate about a million punches before the ref decided that defiling a corpse on live TV for a minute straight was too much.

I expected the Smith KO though.Reaching a title shot at the end of his career would have been a fairy tale,and those rarely come true.

Back