Dana Whites Contender Series Brazil (starts this Friday)

chrisdiaz

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.com/events/dana-whites-contender-series-brazil-1

I didnt even know this was happening so soon. I heard it mentioned but now its already starting. Anyone have any details or know what gyms these fighters are from? Very little details seem to be floating around.

Also, does anyone know if this is tape delayed? For it airing on friday it feels kinda weird and they were supposed to start filming early august.

Last edited:
I’m going to take a guess and say the fighters are from Brazil . . .

Is it going to be filthy?

Hopefully it’s a bunch of Chutebox rejects that just wanna bang lol
<{JustBleed}>

Lol, relax dude. I was making a joke.
Its too early for sherdog sarcasm...sorry I actually just wanted to get some info on the fighters but this is sherdog. I will probably get a little info after 3 pages of retarded gifs.

Its too early for sherdog sarcasm...sorry I actually just wanted to get some info on the fighters but this is sherdog. I will probably get a little info after 3 pages of retarded gifs.
I hear you man.
To answer your question, I’m just as surprised as you that this show took off so quickly. I heard about it but didn’t know Brazil would be featured quite as fast.

Hopefully someone has info on
this because I’m also curious about it.

Is it live?
Thats what I want to know too...very little info and I dont want to look into the fighters in case it is not live and I dont want to spoil the results.

These fights already happened. Stay away from tapology to avoid spoilers

Thats what I want to know too...very little info and I dont want to look into the fighters in case it is not live and I dont want to spoil the results.

Yeah they all happened on August 10th-11th or something.Some very good talent,i'm looking forward to watching the fights,as they haven't aired anywhere yet.Also interested to see if they are doing more of these in other countries,my guess is probably yes.Arguably better talent than the normal ones they have been doing,i'd say yes,especially this season with more showcase fights for guys they wanted to push.

How is this female?!

sarah1.jpg

"Sarah" Frota

Should be fun. Will look to seeing this on Fight Pass soon.

Yeah, the fights happened already and were recorded. I'm guessing the UFC needed a week or two to set up a good English broadcast team or put subtitles for it to be in English.

I know all the results, but only know 1 x guy who got a contract (its not a bad one actually).

Good few women are getting contracts judging by the outcomes/records etc. A few UFC washouts on there too (presumably as replacements when visas fell through etc).

Yeah they all happened on August 10th-11th or something.Some very good talent,i'm looking forward to watching the fights,as they haven't aired anywhere yet.Also interested to see if they are doing more of these in other countries,my guess is probably yes.Arguably better talent than the normal ones they have been doing,i'd say yes,especially this season with more showcase fights for guys they wanted to push.
thanks man, in a world of assholes and gifs, I appreciate a real answer once in a while. Looking forward to the fights too, hopefully theyre good.

Maybe they should take the TUF approach with these international versions and make them exibitions so the results dont get leaked. At least most major mma sites havent released the results yet.

Back