Who's the best HW prospect right now?

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
Now that Blaydes and Ngannou -- Black Beast fight notwithstanding -- have graduated into contender status – who do you think will be the next man to follow their footsteps?

It seems like, right now, there's slim pickings there with Tuivasa and Justin Willis being the two most promising guys rising through the ranks, but I don't buy them as actual contenders for now. I think they'd be middle of the pack guys or gatekeepers at best, granted they have time to improve.

Dmitry Sosnovskiy seemed very promising, but his debut was unimpressive to say the least, but I won't write him off yet. Adam Wieczorek is kind of a weird prospect, given he's looked underwhelming in both of his fights but pulled out the win in the end. Still, pulling off an Omoplata against an olympic caliber wrestler like Arjan Bhullar is pretty beastly.

I guess Greg Hardy and Juan Adams might be guys to watch out for in the coming years, but we'll have to wait and see how both look in the octagon before hailing them as the future of the division. I heard they were in the process of signing Sergey Pavlovich too, who is one of the more promising prospects out there, so hopefully they net him.

TL;DR: the current batch of prospects at HW seem like middle of the pack fighters, most interesting ones are the unknowns like Juan Adams and Hardy. Pavlovich would spice things up if he doesn't end up being overhyped, which I don't think he is.

DC

Just messin.

I'd say Blaydes. He is improving with each fight.

DC

Just messin.

I'd say Blaydes. He is improving with each fight.
I don't think the prospect label fits him anymore, he beat two contenders already and is closer than ever to a title shot.

B+ level athlete Gregory Hardy one hundred percent.

B+ level athlete Gregory Hardy one hundred percent.
I won't lie, I would favor him over Black Beast right now.

I do feel like once he gets chin checked he might fall off and become tentative as fuck though. Hopefully that's not the case. Fun fighter and will definitely keep up with his career.

Just like with Blaydes, I don't think he should be labeled as a prospect anymore, especially since he's such an experienced guy that has been relatively well known for forever now.

He's a full fledged contender that keeps on improving no doubt.

They just keep the belt warm for Brendan Schaub anyway.

I won't lie, I would favor him over Black Beast right now.

I do feel like once he gets chin checked he might fall off and become tentative as fuck though. Hopefully that's not the case. Fun fighter and will definitely keep up with his career.

His chin will be a big question mark, as well as his cardio and TDD.

Even A+ level athletes who don't have chin can't succeed in fighting.

But that dude is so fucking fast for a HW. I see a lot of potential.

I had a dream that Blaydes hellbowed Ngannou into a living death... weird

His chin will be a big question mark, as well as his cardio and TDD.

Even A+ level athletes who don't have chin can't succeed in fighting.

But that dude is so fucking fast for a HW. I see a lot of potential.
His aggression alone is going to be a problem for most guys, and I'm not that worried about his grappling since there's so few wrestlers/grapplers at HW right now. Most guys just want to bang.

Now that Blaydes and Ngannou -- Black Beast fight notwithstanding -- have graduated into contender status – who do you think will be the next man to follow their footsteps?

It seems like, right now, there's slim pickings there with Tuivasa and Justin Willis being the two most promising guys rising through the ranks, but I don't buy them as actual contenders for now. I think they'd be middle of the pack guys or gatekeepers at best, granted they have time to improve.

Dmitry Sosnovskiy seemed very promising, but his debut was unimpressive to say the least, but I won't write him off yet. Adam Wieczorek is kind of a weird prospect, given he's looked underwhelming in both of his fights but pulled out the win in the end. Still, pulling off an Omoplata against an olympic caliber wrestler like Arjan Bhullar is pretty beastly.

I guess Greg Hardy and Juan Adams might be guys to watch out for in the coming years, but we'll have to wait and see how both look in the octagon before hailing them as the future of the division. I heard they were in the process of signing Sergey Pavlovich too, who is one of the more promising prospects out there, so hopefully they net him.

TL;DR: the current batch of prospects at HW seem like middle of the pack fighters, most interesting ones are the unknowns like Juan Adams and Hardy. Pavlovich would spice things up if he doesn't end up being overhyped, which I don't think he is.

1. Pavlovich
2. Adams
3. Hardy

All 3 should end up being top ten fighters. Hopefully a couple of the guys off the upcoming tuf season end up being good.

1. Pavlovich
2. Adams
3. Hardy

All 3 should end up being top ten fighters. Hopefully a couple of the guys off the upcoming tuf season end up being good.
I cheered so much when Pavlovich beat the brakes off fat baby fedor

Probably Arlovski or something

3O6IYCZQ_400x400.jpg

<DC-Champ>
<DCWhoa>

I cheered so much when Pavlovich beat the brakes off fat baby fedor

I would definitely class him as a prospect as well in that I think he has a ton of natural ability but is still potentially developing, agile and pretty fast hands but still a bit sloppy.

Ruslan Magomedov - prospect, too bad for him he got USADAd.
Sosnovskiy might be a the top prospect at HW right now

Blaydes - contender
Ngannou - gatekeeper
Volkov - contender
Tuivasa - ranked possible contender
Lewis - gatekeeper

These guys are not prospects!

Back