John Kavanagh most overrated coach ever

GueseGuy

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Seriously I don’t understand the hype for this guy and his gym. He’s LUCKY he got Conor. Because I have never seen this guy have any success with any fighter that isn’t Conor. In fact, SBG is filled with mediocre talent who tries their hardest to be Conor. But none of them will ever be close. Can someone disprove what I said because I have never seen him do anything that would register as “high level coaching” in my book. Dude just stands around while all his fighters get mopped. If Conor wasn’t there, this jabroni would be broke trying to push James Gallagher as his next star. Smh

If he's dealing with "mediocre" talent, then he's done pretty well with that.

Rhonda disagrees.
edmond-tarverdyan-ronda-rousey.jpg

Kavanagh vs Edmonds. Could you imagine?

Tell us who you consider a good mma coach then.

He’s real good with Conor and he’s not terrible but he’s not the best gym owner either

How do any of us have any clue? A coach can only do so much. You still need the talent.

If he's dealing with "mediocre" talent, then he's done pretty well with that.
Who does he have aside from Conor and MAYBE Gunnar Nelson (who is extremely one dimensional)? I don’t think he’s good at teaching fundamentals and he seems extremely disorganized. Idk, Gallagher’s preparation for Friday night really got me thinking. How could you let your fighter into that fight knowing he can’t even defend a simple 1-2? Bandejas threw 3 1-2’s in the first round and Gallagher got clipped on all of them. He couldn’t even move his head off the center line. How can you let your fighter step into the cage against a 10-1 Beast if he can’t even defend the simplest punching combo in the book?

Edmond was more overrated in his "prime" and had worse overall fighters, but I agree that Kavanaugh is dogshit. He didn't know what gameplanning was until UFC 202 and his between-round advice has been laughable. He's also a completely unfunny dork and self-important cuck.

The only other fighter SBG-related who seems anywhere near decent is Gunnar but then he has his own camp or so I've been told (so don't count his losses against SBG waaaaaaaaahh).

Firaz Zahabi is more overrated. Kavanagh doesn't really get a ton of praise as being a master coach from real fighters, he's more praised as being the guy who helped Conor along. Zahabi on the other hand actually gets a ton of credit for being a master strategist and top coach, in reality if you heard him talk about philosophy of science on JRE the guy has no basic logic or reasoning ability or any basic understanding of science.

SBG are part of the LGBQTNZP movement. Look how much they're pushing for touch butt as legit mma training. That's two dudes froliking in the park with hairy asses. It's UFC's trojan horse to push for more openly bi fighters.

Firaz Zahabi is more overrated. Kavanagh doesn't really get a ton of praise as being a master coach from real fighters, he's more praised as being the guy who helped Conor along. Zahabi on the other hand actually gets a ton of credit for being a master strategist and top coach, in reality if you heard him talk about philosophy of science on JRE the guy has no basic logic or reasoning ability or any basic understanding of science.
Look who can reply now

maxresdefault.jpg

Did people just forget about Gunner Nelson? He's not champ material currently, but he's a top 10-15 fighter.

& Considering the talent pool in Ireland, where MMA was never popular to begin with, he's done fantastically well.

tie between him and "Head movement!!!!"

Why so triggered wtf?
Not exactly triggered. I’m just in awe at what happened to Gallagher and how unprepared he looked to fight against a legit fighter. I feel like Kavanagh is just a clueless yes man who got very lucky to have Conor McGregor as his fighter. Because there has not been one SBG fighter who has looked slick, well prepared, and with future star potential aside from Conor. Coming from a big gym with a ton of fighters, SBG should be killing it right now but they’re not. It’s only Conor.

If McG defeats Khabib, he’ll be the most underrated coach.

I dont think he has any hype around him, nor does the gym.

Back