Do you think Gunnar's ceiling is being a gatekeeper?

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
He's a very entertaining and versatile guy, but he just always seems to come up short whenever he fights a top 10 level talent, granted Ponzinibbio did gouge his eyes out more than once.

I still absolutely think he would give a lot of guys trouble thanks to his mix of high level BJJ and karate, but it seems like all he's destined to be is a gatekeeper. Definitely a fan though, and I hope he stays healthy and can string together a few wins.

Most likely, yeah.

Still a lot of fun to watch tho.

I could see him fighting for a title one day when he finally wakes up from the wierd half coma he's always in.

How do you think Gunny would fare in the WW tourney Bellators throwing? Id say hes middle of the pack there if that says much. He would be a nice addition over there.

Do you think its not???
106_Gunnar_Nelson_vs_Santiago_Ponzinibbio.0.jpg

Last edited:
Nah his ceiling is higher than that but for some reason he's having some trouble consistently putting everything together and have a decent win streak going

Not really. I can still see the possibility of him becoming a contender.

He just look so confident and he's not afraid to test his skills. That's a good attribute IMO.

gunnar-nelson-on-dancing-to-justin-bieber-and-dealing-with-pressure333.jpg

He's working on a new career now.

He makes vikings looks weak. A viking would never fight like him. Stance is borderline genderfluid

Speaking of, when is he going to fight again? I believe it’s been over a year since he’s fought Santiago. Aside from almost getting his eyes gouged out in that fight, he hasn’t been injured has he?

He doesn't seem too bothered about fighting anymore. Only hear from him a few weeks of the year before his annual fight. He had great potential but his relaxed attitude does him no favours.

Nah his ceiling is higher than that but for some reason he's having some trouble consistently putting everything together and have a decent win streak going
I feel like, by definition, not being able to put a win streak together makes you a gatekeeper at best.

I feel like, by definition, not being able to put a win streak together makes you a gatekeeper at best.

I guess you are right, maybe I'm just impressed by the flashes of brilliance he shows from time to time (even tho its against weak competition)

Back