2-8 in last 10

Area809

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I don’t like to see a fighter get cut. Actually I don’t care either way. But just wondering, what does it take for someone to get cut? And why do some fighters get the “Dana talk” and others don’t? Jake Ellenberger is 2-8 in last 10 fights—majority of those he got finished brutally. Yet, he’s scheduled for a fight next week.

The UFC probably categorizes the fighters in a way where they can calculate their value/merit to the product.

Jake Ellenberger is probably categorized as an action fighter that consistently finishes or gets finished. People love action right? People love finishes right? Throw him in there!!!!

Jake and Burkman know Dana’s secrets.

Always his friends.

Thought u were talking about Michael Johnson who is going to get beat by Fili next Saturday as a favorite. It will be his 6th loss in 7 fights.

Yep. 2-8 in last 10, 8-2 in first 10. He is primed to go on another 8-2 run.

Yep. 2-8 in last 10, 8-2 in first 10. He is primed to go on another 8-2 run.
oh shit, good catch. I looked up Jake because i remembered he has fought a lot of tough guys and most have big names in the division. Not a fan, but hope he can get a win, or at least not get KO'd

Thought u were talking about Michael Johnson who is going to get beat by Fili next Saturday as a favorite. It will be his 6th loss in 7 fights.

Doubt it. Fili barely made it past the GOAT, and got gifted a decision against Bermudez. MJ almost finished Gathje before he gassed out and will probably knock Fili's head off if he can avoid the takedowns.

I doubt I'll put money on it though.

Damn......I knew Ellenberger has been losing a lot late in his career. I didn’t realize he was 2-8 in his last 10 though.

The UFC probably categorizes the fighters in a way where they can calculate their value/merit to the product.

Jake Ellenberger is probably categorized as an action fighter that consistently finishes or gets finished. People love action right? People love finishes right? Throw him in there!!!!
He's fairly active, and is probably worth the money they pay him, or lack there of.

I'd watch him fight Jon Fitch or Paul Daley

Some guys are kept on to help build up new talent. Thats my theory anyway

I feel like Johnson is in his fights though. Like, he's competitive. Johnson is a good fighter. Not elite, but good enough to make the elite guys work and show their stuff. A good gatekeeper tot he top ten kind of guy. Ellenberger hasn't been competitive for a long time in my view.

He's a name who's willing to get KO'd. MMA circle of life.

Jake was born in Omaha, Ne approx 45min from Lincoln, Ne where the event is being held .. he is a name people know in that area

Last edited:
He was a monster in his early days. Has a decent following too but should probably go to Belllator after this fight if not retire. I would love to see him finish his career with a couple of wins, even against B list fighters from Bellator.

Back