Conor has never been pressured....

Airdack

sandbagging white belt bjj classes
@Black
Reaction score
The people saying all khabib has to do is pressure forward vs a southpaw counter striker with 8" reach on him are crazy. Some of Conors best wins/counters were off the back foot. Half this site hasnt even seen the brimage fight so here ya go.

The last thing khabib wants to do is rely on any of his striking.

That low ankle single he was landing on Al is probably his best chance of coming in without getting tagged. Khabib gets guys flustered which is why he usually doesnt get countered coming, I doubt Conor will be anything but calm and collected. If khabibs gets Conor down its over, wouldnt be suprised to see a crucifix finish, or at the very least use side control/crucifix to wear on Conors arms.

He's definitely going to have to be careful in this one.

He can't just rush in wildly, or Conors pin-point left will find its mark.

I'm sorry but... who's arguing khabib should stand with Conor lol???

Yep, conor dropped alvarez going backwards too. Khabib just might walk into a bomb

Khabib fooled so many people with the Al fight. He knew he had that sh!t in the bag, so he decided to mess around and try out his striking. If people think he's going to try that with Conor, they are sorely mistaken..

Khabib has a giant head. That may aid in absorbing big punches. Conor hits hard, no guarantee Khabibs giant melon doesn’t get Gallagher’d.

The people saying all khabib has to do is pressure forward vs a southpaw counter striker with 8" reach on him are crazy. Some of Conors best wins/counters were off the back foot. Half this site hasnt even seen the brimage fight so here ya go.

That low ankle single he was landing on Al is probably his best chance of coming in without getting tagged. Khabib gets guys flustered which is why he usually doesnt get countered coming, I doubt Conor will be anything but calm and collected. If khabibs gets Conor down its over, wouldnt be suprised to see a crucifix finish, or at the very least use side control/crucifix to wear on Conors arms.

<WellThere>

I'm sorry but... who's arguing khabib should stand with Conor lol???
Lots of people saying he can pressure mcgregor to the cage. Also reminding people Conor isnt just a straight left, hes got some vicious uppercuts.

Khabib fooled so many people with the Al fight. He knew he had that sh!t in the bag, so he decided to mess around and try out his striking. If people think he's going to try that with Conor, they are sorely mistaken..
So much this. He controlled every second of that fight so he just tried to test his striking. Which was pretty ok. Even his coach said that was not the gameplan but KHabib just decided to do it.

Khabib is not a dumb guy, he will go for TDs. He even said that he will go for 100 TDs if that is what it takes.

Last edited:
Pressure is what will win Connor the fight. Not wrestle pressure but Boxing pressure. Khabib is like rebellious teenager. With his over protective father in his corner he will be forced to be defiant and box Connor when his dad yells “wrestle, wrestle, wrestle!!!!” Or “борец, борец, борец!!!!”

AND Conors three losses were all submissions...........so what?

So much this. He controlled every second of that fight so he just tried to test his striking. Which was pretty ok. Even his coach said that was not the gameplan but KHabib just decided to do it.

Khabib is not a dumb guy, he will go for TDs. He even said that he will go for 100 TDs if that is what is takes.
Problem is khabib isnt an explosive shooter like say mendes. He like to pressure guys into the cage and clinch grapple to body locks or singles. Rewatch alot of his fights, most of his tds are using strikes to setup the shot, he has problems with feint shots and unsetup shots. He also likes to use his opponents overcommitment to drop under, its going to be a lot tougher to do it vs Conor. I think those low almost ankle pick singles he was hitting Al are perfect though. I just think he wont be able to implement his usual td game on Conor without risking taking dmg, which is a coin toss on how good his untested chin is.

I think people are blinded by their bias in this one. Some of us want to see Conor lose so bad that a guy like Khabib, a world-destroyer on the ground, and undefeated champion seems like the guy who can pull it off. And if he gets it to the ground w/o getting KO'd first, you can bet your ass he will! However I think a lot of Conor-haters(I being one myself)/Khabib fans haven't taken a good look at Khabib's stand-up and realized all the holes he has. That AI fight aside, because we all know Khabib was just trying to display some stand-up(though, he absolutely didn't have to). It's the MJ fight that I point to as a precursor to what will happen in this fight. MJ was touching Khabib up early on. And if Conor's able to do the same, this fight ends early. Something that should come as no surprise to anyone that watched the Aldo, Poirier, or Eddie fight(all of which I incorrectly picked Conor to lose). Hope I'm wrong. But I see Khabib going night-night in the first. Heard I'm getting an 8-1 on that bet, if that's true, I'm dropping at least $100 on it.

He was doing really well with the striking too. His jab was on point.

People say khabib has good striking too... Chin right out there when he throws punches... Sloppy. He won't stand with Conor unless Conor is completely gassed.

Back