Power beats precision. Speed beats timing. Examples?

Off the top of my head:

Lesnar vs Couture
Randleman vs Cro Cop

ouqn4rpssg901.gif

"Speed beats timing" doesn't make any sense, unless you consider it blitzes like Sage Northcutt or young Vitor, but it requires also timing.

Power beating speed you see it all the time, in boxing Golovkin is a perfect example, but it's more "power and precision beats speed".

I think it is speed & precision beats power...

ConsciousBreakableCougar.gif

First thing that comes to mind.

Also:
xxeVh.gif

krObWVX.gif

Look at that lazy kick and hands down, glad that bum got KO'd by an incidental headbutt

Off the top of my head:

Lesnar vs Couture
Randleman vs Cro Cop
Lesnar vs Couture YES
Randleman vs Cro Cop NO
Randleman set him up to sprawl for his TD then threw a punch, it was a great gameplan and worked perfectly

Yoel KOed Luke by a left that went quicker than Luke's patented left hook, it also hit the hard part of the dome but still managed to KO Luke due the sheer power it was carrying.

Speed cannot theoretically beat better timing, because to have better timing you would anticipate your opponents speed and overcome it with timing.

Speed cannot theoretically beat better timing, because to have better timing you would anticipate your opponents speed and overcome it with timing.
It could make sense but it depends what you take "timing" to mean. It could just mean how a shot is timed to cause maximum damage. For example as a fighter is coming forward. But that could be trumped by a fighter whose speed ensures his shot comes quickly and powerfully.

Michael Johnson vs Dustin Poirier
Aldo catching Holloway in their first fight
Woodley catching Wonderboy
Yoel catching Whittaker

Randleman/Cro-Cop is a strange example.

His timing and precision were surgical in that fight.

He was also faster and stronger than Murko on top of everything.

Back