Would you be satisfied with the 229 line up if they added 2 elite LW bouts to it?

Iroh

The Dragon of the West
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tony is cleared. Lee wants to be on it. You could throw in Poirier, Raging Al, Pettis maybe, and anyone else who is available.

This would definitely increase my interest in the whole card a lot more and it is kind of in the spirit of what the UFC has been doing lately with filling cards with match ups from mainly one division.

It would both add enough alternates if someone would drop out of the main event and create great story lines to how the division will go on after the event. Not to mention LW is the most stacked division, so that almost guarantees those fights to be very entertaining.

And in Tony's case, the earlier he fights, the less time he has to injure himself with his goofy training exercises. Also, they could even make 3 bouts if they have enough LWs available.

Needs a title fight and i mean a man's title not a women's one

Needs a title fight and i mean a man's title not a women's one

Why? It already has one and titles don't even mean as much as they used to. If they throw in Tony you'd have at least one more champion caliber fighter on there.

Why? It already has one and titles don't even mean as much as they used to. If they throw in Tony you'd have at least one more champion caliber fighter on there.

my bad I was on about 230 bro. One more big name fight would do imo.

One more high level LW fight in case Khabib pulls out ought to do it. Don't care about the rest of the card.

Tony is cleared. Lee wants to be on it. You could throw in Poirier, Raging Al, Pettis maybe, and anyone else who is available.

This would definitely increase my interest in the whole card a lot more and it is kind of in the spirit of what the UFC has been doing lately with filling cards with match ups from mainly one division.

It would both add enough alternates if someone would drop out of the main event and create great story lines to how the division will go on after the event. Not to mention LW is the most stacked division, so that almost guarantees those fights to be very entertaining.

And in Tony's case, the earlier he fights, the less time he has to injure himself with his goofy training exercises. Also, they could even make 3 bouts if they have enough LWs available.
Yes. Too congested at the top, run em the same night. Plus there will be PREPARED alternates at the ready if anyone falls through.

One more high level LW fight in case Khabib pulls out ought to do it.

Definitely, but...

Don't care about the rest of the card.

...this is what I'm trying to counteract. Make people care about the rest of the card more. Especially for myself, because it will probably start at 1AM for me, so I need that intrigue to keep me awake.

Definitely, but...

...this is what I'm trying to counteract. Make people care about the rest of the card more. Especially for myself, because it will probably start at 1AM for me, so I need that intrigue to keep me awake.

Wow, sorry to hear you're not American.

Doostin's fighting Nate on the MSG card. I think Al wants to get on it as well. Eddie was supposed to meet with Dana sometime soon, Chael said it usually means UFC like you and wanna keep you. So, my idea is: Eddie vs Tony + Lee vs Pettis on the Kabonor card.

Lee vs Teefer 2 is kind of shit right now, Lee needs to build a better resume. And make weight. And Tony beating Eddie would cancel out Dustin's and Conor's LW accomplishment, help put Tony closer for the next title shot than anyone.

If Nate can get over his Diva tantrum, that is.

Man, if they do those fights you mentioned that would really make it so much better. Solid post, bud.

Feels pretty good not to be, TBH.

<{nope}>

You don't know what you're missing.

America compared to the rest of the nations is like Sherdog compared to non American forums. We're got the highest tiers in everything, the best of the best and the worst of the worst. GOAT nation.

<{nope}>

You don't know what you're missing.

America compared to the rest of the nations is like Sherdog compared to non American forums. We're got the highest tiers in everything, the best of the best and the worst of the worst. GOAT nation.

We definitely get better weed and kickboxing here, buddeh! Among other things. America definitely does a lot of things really well and really crappy though, you're not wrong there.

We definitely get better weed and kickboxing here, buddeh! Among other things. America definitely does a lot of things really good and really crappy though, you're not wrong there.

Weed is gonna get legalized soon in the states and once that happens America will win again via sheer volume.

And kickboxing is overrated as fuck, as Roundtree recently demonstrated. See this thread by @Grijswaarde who was raised on the Dutch kickboxing

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/modern-mma-striking-prime-k1-striking.3812387/

Weed is gonna get legalized soon in the states and once that happens America will win again via sheer volume.

And kickboxing is overrated as fuck, as Roundtree recently demonstrated. See this thread by @Grijswaarde who was raised on the Dutch kickboxing

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/modern-mma-striking-prime-k1-striking.3812387/

Even if it is legalized, you still won't have the decades of systematic growing knowledge we have. They made growing weed a science here.

The roundtree fight is overrated. Also it doesn't really reflect on kickboxing as a sport itself. But I don't want to digress too much.

Add tony/al as a tune up for Tony, add pettis/Lee for some exciting ground game. I'd be happy with it, fights worth watching but they aren't anything spectacular

Back