Randy Couture: Brock Lesnar Has 10 Inches of Reach on Me, I Didn't Anticipate That

hasar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"The thing that surprised me the most, and that I don't think I was prepared for -- and it's always an issue with any fighter -- is figuring out his range. He's got 10 inches of reach on me. I didn't anticipate that. I didn't think about it. I didn't know that tidbit of information, that his reach is what it was."

It's surprising that Couture would say he wasn't prepared for Lesnar's reach because Couture is known as the best game-planner in the MMA business. But apparently in all his preparations, he didn't find a sparring partner who could recreate the reach advantage Lesnar has.

After the jump, see Couture's Sherdog interview hours before the Lesnar fight.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2008/11...ck-lesnar-has-10-inches-of-reach-on-me-i-didn

Making excuses because he got destroyed by an MMA noob imo

What was the reach difference with Silvia?

Silvia makes Bork look small, his reach had to be even more

Ok so silvia’s Is 80”, borks is 81” and coutures is 75”

That’s only 6” difference and only 1 more than Silvia who he didn’t complain about.

Having fought Silvia previously that should t have been an issue

It’s also of note that couture has a relatively short reach for a heavy weight seems most are 77-79”, at 75” for reference Matt Hughes is 73”

zgr3fa.jpg

Randy Couture: Brock Lesnar Has 10 Inches in Me, I Didn't Anticipate That
tumblr_o2r8uc53hR1u02msxo1_400.gif

randy-coture-lip-sync-battle-1.gif

randy-coture-lip-sync-battle-1.gif

Last edited:
Making excuses because he got destroyed by an MMA noob imo
It's an excuse to admit that you didn't anticipate your opponent's reach to be a big factor?

Sounds more like an admission and an account of what went wrong from his perspective.

Weird thing to find unexpected tbh. Bork has distinct proportions.

How could you not anticipate THIS guys reach advantage just by looking at him???

"Brock is just a jacked white boy. Deal with it." -Kenny Florian

Didn’t anticipate the mauling did ya randy ....

Btw this was the first Ufc event I ever watched yeeeeeaw

I like Couture.

But does anyone else find it strange that he is regarded as "a master gameplanner", when his gameplan was seemingly always the same?

Back