Who's defending the LW title?

3 have a claim to a LW title but who's really defending it? Is anyone?

• Tony

• Khabib

• Conor

• Tony + Khabib

• Tony + Conor

• Khabib + Conor

• All 3

• Nobody

Results are only viewable after voting.

MacGregor

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
#1 contender Tony Ferguson defeated Kevin Lee for the interim title.

Tony was to face Khabib for the LW belt but was injured. Khabib beat Al Iaquinta and was crowned LW champ.

Conor is the undefeated lineal champ stripped due to inactivity.

When the 3 fight next, who can say they're actually defending the LW title?

Khabib. If Conor wins he still has zero title defences. He was stripped. That's how it works. Conor is the lineal champion but that means nothing in the real world. DC is the LHW champ and Khabib is the LW champ.

Either way no one cares about UFC belts anymore. A Conor fight is of more value to anyone than a title fight in current UFC.

We don't even know who the champion is, stop deciding on who's defending we're getting ahead of ourselves here
<31><31>

The guy who was willing to fight anybody they put in front of him on 12 hour notice. This real champ non sense will be put to bed when Khabib mauls Conor. After beating Conor, if Khabib disappears for years refusing to defend the belt, nobody would consider him the champ either. This is how it works. The current champ is the real champ and it won't even be disputed in 2 months.

Real champ is Cnnor Mcgregor
Interim champ is actually Tony Ferguson

Khabib is fucking nothing. He beat Al Iaquinta on 3 minutes notice to become the actual LW champ? lol nope.

Conor is defending. I never saw anything about him being stripped. Tony is the #1 contender. Khabib is the replacement because Tony can't fight.

That's how I see it, regardless of the lunacy the UFC does 24/7.

Technically Khabib. But I voted Conor because he's the one everyone wants to fight. Only he can change your bum life.

I understand the flack he gets for not defending the belt, but let's be honest here, the real game is self-promotion. While we can easily name 20-50 fighters who've accomplished more in the cage, in the game of life Conor is in a class of one.

Now that Conor is actually back and scheduled to fight Khabib, he's the one defending the title. He is the linear champ.

I think Tony's the real champ
But Khabib didn't really earn his title IMO , Conor was the lineal ( former ) lw champ so IMO he's the one defending it .
But I think the UFC will sell it as Khabib being the champ

Real champ is Cnnor Mcgregor
Interim champ is actually Tony Ferguson

Khabib is fucking nothing. He beat Al Iaquinta on 3 minutes notice to become the actual LW champ? lol nope.

Conor is defending. I never saw anything about him being stripped. Tony is the #1 contender. Khabib is the replacement because Tony can't fight.

That's how I see it, regardless of the lunacy the UFC does 24/7.

Someone please gif him with Shawn Michaels gif.

Khabib is. Conor was too scared to defend against Khabib or Tony and Tony injured himself on purpose to avoid fighting Khabib.

Well.....no matter what your answer is, it’s definitely not Conor.

Tony

But we simply need a goddamn LW tournament.

khabib is also undefeated. people keep forgetting that

Conor is the champ, his lineal claim is stronger than a interim or Alquinta belt

I would have said Tony or Khabib if they had actually fought each other

I think all 3 have a case.

Conor is the lineal. 2 years is a long time though.

Tony is the interim.

While Al wasn't the ideal opponent, the fact Khabib didn't back out of 3 fights deserves credit and is something a champ should be willing to do.

Back