Video: Chael "will Eddie Alvarez sign with UFC again?"

I'd rather see Eddie leave and get back to his butt whooping ways, than stay around the UFC in purgatory.

giphy.gif

I want to see him re-sign just to see him fight Barboza but Eddie belongs in Bellator.

He had one shot against Conor and he completely blew it. Didn't get his manager to update his contract because he thought he'd win and then start to make big money, then he not only lost but also turned himself into complete laughing stock.

Historical revisionism is the name of the game in MMA, and when they review Eddie's career, none of his achievements in Bodog, Dream, Bellator and the UFC will matter. All the majority will remember is how pathetic he looked against Conor after calling him the easiest fight at LW.

Overall his run in the UFC has been uninspiring to say the least. First he disgraced the Sapp-Alvarez scale by turning himself into a boring ass wrestler, then he got clowned on red panties night, then he played dirty twice against Poirier, the first time it got ruled an NC, the second time he got penalized and then KTFO. He was making less money post Conor than he did near the end of his Bellator tenure, and that's not including sponsorship. He ain't staying in the UFC.

Unless Ufc gets desperate for an opponent for Kevin Lee or Tony Ferguson for October/November and offers him a big contract, I doubt it.

Which sucks cause I'd like to see those fights.

As obnoxious as he has been of late (the excuses, "1-1 against Poirier" comments), he's still exciting and has a lot of possible matchups in the UFC. Lee, Barboza, Ragin' Al, Tony (if he comes back and loses or as an obstacle for a Tony title shot), Khabib (if he loses to Conor), Hooker, etc. would all be interesting fights.

Is Chael looking up at a screen with what to say?

He had one shot against Conor and he completely blew it. Didn't get his manager to update his contract because he thought he'd win and then start to make big money, then he not only lost but also turned himself into complete laughing stock.

Historical revisionism is the name of the game in MMA, and when they review Eddie's career, none of his achievements in Bodog, Dream, Bellator and the UFC will matter. All the majority will remember is how pathetic he looked against Conor after calling him the easiest fight at LW.

Overall his run in the UFC has been uninspiring to say the least. First he disgraced the Sapp-Alvarez scale by turning himself into a boring ass wrestler, then he got clowned on red panties night, then he played dirty twice against Poirier, the first time it got ruled an NC, the second time he got penalized and then KTFO. He was making less money post Conor than he did near the end of his Bellator tenure, and that's not including sponsorship. He ain't staying in the UFC.

Damn did Eddie bang your wife of something

I bet he could walk through the Professional Fight League Season don't they offer 1 million to the winner? They just got new investors so they could afford to invest in someone with a name like Eddie Alvarez... Bellator Champ, UFC Champ... PFL Champ?

I bet he could walk through the Professional Fight League Season don't they offer 1 million to the winner? They just got new investors so they could afford to invest in someone with a name like Eddie Alvarez... Bellator Champ, UFC Champ... PFL Champ?

I'm not sure he could tbh and yes its a million dollars but it's multiple fights.

Btw no one knows what Alvarez makes. He hasn't fought in a state that releases fighter pay info in years

you can build new younger guys off of him. thats his value.

How does Chael know has he got the word str8 from Eddie or his wife because I am sure they are the only ones who know?

Back