Would GSP have returned to 170 if Maia beat Woodley?

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maia beating Woodley would’ve been cool because I think that would’ve helped bring GSP back to his true weightclass.

Maia is pretty one dimensional and a good matchup for Georges so I think it would have made him forget about fishing for Bisping and 155lb fighters.

Maia is arguably the greatest pure grappler to compete in the UFC, so you could consider it a “legacy fight”, which is what GSP is interested in. Plus, he would avoid colitis problems at 170lbs.

Do you think GSP would’ve faced Maia if he won the belt at UFC 214?

No. Maia has 2 working eyes so GSP would not face him even for a belt

I dunno man. Something tells me it won’t be a good fight.

Maia is on a 3 fight skid.

That wouldn't be a good look for GSP.

If he would've faced him had he beaten T-Wood?

Maybe. It would have been easy pickings for Georges. Easier than Bisping.

Gsp with the jab fest and occasionally takedown. Gsp handled shields fine. He would have no problem with maia

No. Maia has 2 working eyes so GSP would not face him even for a belt
I was going to comment on this thread but there is literally no point after this gem of a post.

latest

gsp made it clear he doesn't want to come back to 170. he came because he wanted to do something he hadn't done before, move up to mw to win the belt, get a finish, and become a two division champion which he did.

coming back to 170 serves no purpose, nobody is close to achieving what he did as ww, it's up to the current roster to try and be as good or surpass what gsp did in that division. he has nothing to prove, and continuing to fight the next generation of fighters is pointless because gsp is out of his prime, he's more prone to losing more so now than he was before. coming back to 170 to get the belt and then what, keep defending until he retires again, it seems so boring to repeat what you already did when the reality is nobody is close to breaking his records just yet. gsp should just stay retired and not come back, he's done what he can and the longer he fights the more risk he starts losing badly which doesn't make him look good in the end.

I personally believe he would have fought Maia yes. His camp is firmly entrenched on picking easily winnable Title fights.

Wtf?

Gsp didn't come back to 170 because Woodley is not a draw.

As much as I am a fan of maia he isn't a draw either.

Do we really want to see gsp neutralize maia from top control for 25 minutes ala Rory fighting maia... yikes

My answer on this one is a definite Yes! GSP Handles Maia all Day! However what's now picking my interest on GSP is Dana not being to Keen on Doing a Conor-Khabib winner against GSP! Something definitely happened between these 2 because it looks like Dana would love to dismiss GSP out of his existence! We all know He Loves the money... but not so much it seems when GSP's in the Convo! Unless WMG gives him a tap on the shoulder... or Conor insist...I don't think he makes that fight! Legitimately not sure what's Next for GSP!

It’s funny Sherdorks, and the rest of the incel losers who post here think GSP owes them something.

Dude cleaned out his division twice and made small work of any of the old guard (Hughes, Penn, Trigg) and destroyed All top contenders. Along the way he ran thru tough fighters like Karo, Sean Sherk, Mayhem Miller.

Who in this division would give Prime GSP even a cunt hair of a problem.

Wonderboy lulz George’s would literally destroy him

Masvidal Lol

Cowboy nope

Colby is tailored made to have the pants beaten off him by prime GSP

Usman he would get worked from pillar to post

Woodley would be his only legit challenger

It’s funny Sherdorks, and the rest of the incel losers who post here think GSP owes them something.

Dude cleaned out his division twice and made small work of any of the old guard (Hughes, Penn, Trigg) and destroyed All top contenders. Along the way he ran thru tough fighters like Karo, Sean Sherk, Mayhem Miller.

Who in this division would give Prime GSP even a cunt hair of a problem.

Wonderboy lulz George’s would literally destroy him

Masvidal Lol

Cowboy nope

Colby is tailored made to have the pants beaten off him by prime GSP

Usman he would get worked from pillar to post

Woodley would be his only legit challenger
i think people need to realise and accept that gsp came back to pick fights hes interested in and isnt some full-time fighter thats gonna fight any top 5, top 3 ranked guy. like gsp is not going to 155 to fight tony ferguson, as awesome as that fight may be. khabib, conor and maybe nate are prob the only fights he would entertain. he even turned down anderson.

i have no issues with this. he left in 2013 on top of the game and never lost after serra in 2007. defended 9x and was the most dominant champ. people acting like he needs to fight woodley or romero or something to prove his legacy are jackasses

i think people need to realise and accept that gsp came back to pick fights hes interested in and isnt some full-time fighter thats gonna fight any top 5, top 3 ranked guy. like gsp is not going to 155 to fight tony ferguson, as awesome as that fight may be. khabib, conor and maybe nate are prob the only fights he would entertain. he even turned down anderson.

i have no issues with this. he left in 2013 on top of the game and never lost after serra in 2007. defended 9x and was the most dominant champ. people acting like he needs to fight woodley or romero or something to prove his legacy are jackasses

The problem happens to be that 97% of the people here have never competed in a sport or done much of anything their entire life

So of course who better than these losers to dictate what a champion should do.

Only on the internet

Back