Poirier is right that he thinks Khabib will win

That was not exactly a very confident pick. He kept saying well I am leaning that way but but but but but but but.

I don't understand how you think you can learn anything about Poirier or what he believes his chances of winning are based upon his pick in an upcoming fight. Who you think is going to win might be totally different than who you WANT to win because you think you have a better shot at defeating them later.

No one’s opinion on the fight means jack shit. Conor may stuff every khabib takedown and make him look like an amateur. Is a very real possibility. He may stuff most of his shots and make him look like an amateur only to get tripped up and tapped out in a surprising finish. Khabib may make Conor look like the amateur, helpless and defenseless on the ground, drowning in punches and pressure. He may make him look like an amateur only to go full Mendes and stand up and get quickly finished. Khabib may employ a boring wall and stall. Conor may run around and throw long distance teeps and push kicks. There’s infinite possibilities and it’s hilarious to think a fighter has any more of a valid prediction than anyone else.

That was not exactly a very confident pick. He kept saying well I am leaning that way but but but but but but but.
so do most fighters. Faber said something along the lines of "i dunno, Khabib i guess, but shit, Conor could win too". the headline said "Faber picks Khabib" and most sherdoggers (not exactly known for their innate grasp on subtleties) concluded - after reading the post title about an article headline that badly summarized a video - that Faber hates Conor.

it's like the telephone game, except that in this case the actual information is at people's fingertips. and they consciously choose to stay ignorant and make grandeur opinions/conclusions from that ignorance.

shit, did i just describe sherdog, or America? :(

He may be right that he thinks that. But, that has nothing to do with how the fight will actually play out.

I felt like he wanted to say Khabib with a bit more confidence, but then as a fighter, it's hard to choose against a guy that flattened you in the first.

I felt like he wanted to say Khabib with a bit more confidence, but then as a fighter, it's hard to choose against a guy that flattened you in the first.

And he said Conor Is the hardest hitter he ever faced. That his power is legit.

And he said Conor Is the hardest hitter he ever faced. That his power is legit.

I've heard quite a few fighters say that they were more hurt when they absorbed a beating than KOd clean, which could be the case here, as MJ absolutely flattened Dustin so he may have not felt it as much as his brain completely shut off.

I've heard quite a few fighters say that they were more hurt when they absorbed a beating than KOd clean, which could be the case here, as MJ absolutely flattened Dustin so he may have not felt it as much as his brain completely shut off.

I think that is an older interview I am referring to. Before the Johnson fight. But he had a few fights after the Conor fight and then did an interview where he said he was the hardest hitter.

No one’s opinion on the fight means jack shit. Conor may stuff every khabib takedown and make him look like an amateur. Is a very real possibility. He may stuff most of his shots and make him look like an amateur only to get tripped up and tapped out in a surprising finish. Khabib may make Conor look like the amateur, helpless and defenseless on the ground, drowning in punches and pressure. He may make him look like an amateur only to go full Mendes and stand up and get quickly finished. Khabib may employ a boring wall and stall. Conor may run around and throw long distance teeps and push kicks. There’s infinite possibilities and it’s hilarious to think a fighter has any more of a valid prediction than anyone else.

Going from how conor has been his entire ufc career, I'm quite sure, he's going to train wrestling and his tdd till he's sick of doing it...he's going to do his homework and then some....I think he probably will get taken down, but i see him training bjj and grappling alot for this fight...I don't see him being a pushover on the ground...I don't see him being easy to take down...I see his cardio being very good for this fight...I see his boxing being very very sharp for this fight...I see him hitting khabib more than he's ever been hit before...now, whether or not he can take conor's shots, is another story...but he's going to get tagged...I think conor's kicking will be limited...This could very well be a hard fought 5 round close decision...I wouldn't be surprised...I also wouldn't be surprised if conor ko's khabib after stuff some takedowns.

Going from how conor has been his entire ufc career, I'm quite sure, he's going to train wrestling and his tdd till he's sick of doing it...he's going to do his homework and then some....I think he probably will get taken down, but i see him training bjj and grappling alot for this fight...I don't see him being a pushover on the ground...I don't see him being easy to take down...I see his cardio being very good for this fight...I see his boxing being very very sharp for this fight...I see him hitting khabib more than he's ever been hit before...now, whether or not he can take conor's shots, is another story...but he's going to get tagged...I think conor's kicking will be limited...This could very well be a hard fought 5 round close decision...I wouldn't be surprised...I also wouldn't be surprised if conor ko's khabib after stuff some takedowns.

So what you are saying is that Conor will not have any of the gaps in his game that he has shown over his career? He will close them all up and be perfect?

What did I just read ???

He's wrong. He thinks Conor will win.

Like many he sees how the fight could go either way. Conor early or Khabib going the distance. For sure though Dustin is confident he would win against either guy.

Nobody knows for certain who will win this fight.

Both guys have certain weaknesses, and both guys are astounding at their strengths.

I lean towards the odds that Khabib gets ahold of Conor, but McGregors pin-point striking could take him out early if he just rushes in wildly.

It's a fascinating match-up in that we really have no idea which guy will be able to impose their particular strength against the other, till that first exchange or two.

Dustin is a quiet little hillbilly that's terrified of Conor. He prays Khabib wins.

Back