All of a sudden, Bellator's Pay per View doesn't seem so bad..

EXOICHO

PRIDE
@Black
Reaction score
When Bellator NYC pay per view numbers came back, UFC Shill FrankieNYC kept spouting off about how terrible 90-130k PPV estimates were for them.

But, in recent months, we've seen that PPVs in general are dying. When you consider that bellator NYC sold potentially 130k PPVs, A superfight between Daniel Cormier and Stipe Miocic not even reaching 400k really puts things into perspective. Everybody is saying how much of a draw TJ dillashaw is now because his grudge match with Garbrandt did 300k.

Bellator, in terms of attracting the hardcores and casuals alike, are seriously getting a significant portion of the MMA community. I'm not saying Bellator will go back to PPV, as they are clearly focusing on working with DAZN, but they have more viewers than some sherdoggers would have you believe.

Bellator is in the big time now. They've got shills on Sherdog, just like the UFC

Amazing how far Bellator has come

Good for Bellator and good for MMA in general. Competition breeds excellence and all that.
Party on Bellator.

giphy.gif

@FrankieNYC

yeah it seems it wasn't horrendous, but still, no reason for them to do ppv unless they have some kind of huge draw, in my opinion

Good for Bellator and good for MMA in general. Competition breeds excellence and all that.
Very true. A rivalry makes everything better. WWE/WCW proved it as far as entertainment goes.

They've been picking up a lot of big names. They aren't as deep as the UFC but it's a solid org for sure

Yeah that doesn't seem bad at all.

Only a select few are gonna bring the big PPV's.

Yup. I'm hoping PFL continues to put on good shows as well. Excited to see Kayla Harrison this thursday

Pay Per views are horse shit. UFC should get their exclusive channel and rack up some subscribers. They have content up the ass these days but it is scattered all over the place.

Pay Per views are horse shit. UFC should get their exclusive channel and rack up some subscribers. They have content up the ass these days but it is scattered all over the place.
I thought FightPass was their exclusive channel.

It is shit. Im talking about they having something like amazon prime netflix etc but with their content. If UfC XXX is on it will immediately be available after the event or stream it during. Not like on fight pass week later or some shit. They should put everything UFC related there first from ultimate fighter to dana whites looking for a fight. Every fucking thing.

I think he means similar to what the WWE offers where you subscribe monthly & get access to EVERYTHING from PPVs, small shows, TUF, etc. Whereas presently all these shows are all over the place & blocked by several paywalls fragmenting the audience.

I think he means similar to what the WWE offers where you subscribe monthly & get access to EVERYTHING from PPVs, small shows, TUF, etc. Whereas presently all these shows are all over the place & blocked by several paywalls fragmenting the audience.

yeah, the way they handled fight pass was unbelievably stupid.

I would 100% be down to pay like 30$/month if it meant i got the entire fight library + PPVs+ the exclusive fight nights

instead they put like one shitty fight night on fight pass every month and give you like 5$ credit towards a PPV... lol..

I would 100% be down to pay like 30$/month if it meant i got the entire fight library + PPVs+ the exclusive fight nights

instead they put like one shitty fight night on fight pass every month and give you like 5$ credit towards a PPV... lol..

This all the way. Hopefully PPV's keep doing shit numbers.

10 to 15 dollar a month subscription would be cool for all that figure 180 a year per fan 250000 fans thats 45 million dollars a year ... Jesus and 250000 is a low number they could estimate atleast 500k subscribers with 45 mill a year and what they payout there fighters they have more than half of that left over... Lol!!!

Ufc has garbage for brains im not buying these 60 dollar ppvs not unless im at an event or hosting one id rather pay a 10 to 20 dollar a month thing with extra content and ppvs included with it. I used to blow money on them now i figured ill just watch streams for free because 60 bucks is 60 bucks. The shit they ben putting out in ppv hasnt ben worth it for me. Now mcgregor vs khabib ill pay for that. I know itle be a great one to watch.

When Bellator NYC pay per view numbers came back, UFC Shill FrankieNYC kept spouting off about how terrible 90-130k PPV estimates were for them.

But, in recent months, we've seen that PPVs in general are dying. When you consider that bellator NYC sold potentially 130k PPVs, A superfight between Daniel Cormier and Stipe Miocic not even reaching 400k really puts things into perspective. Everybody is saying how much of a draw TJ dillashaw is now because his grudge match with Garbrandt did 300k.

Bellator, in terms of attracting the hardcores and casuals alike, are seriously getting a significant portion of the MMA community. I'm not saying Bellator will go back to PPV, as they are clearly focusing on working with DAZN, but they have more viewers than some sherdoggers would have you believe.
It was because of how much bellator spent on the NYC card. They lost their ass. They had budgeted for much higher than 100k buys, 250-300k expected per Coker and they spent 30x more marketing it then a normal event. Tell the whole story next time.
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/19558519/bellator-scott-coker-best-mma-ppv-offered-2017

Lol i love Bellator stans. Ufc does a 300k ppv, omg the Ufc is dying. Bellator does 80,000 well thats not bad.

Btw Conor vs Khabib is going to do at least 1.5 million ppv buys. Tell me again how ppv is dying?

Yup. I'm hoping PFL continues to put on good shows as well. Excited to see Kayla Harrison this thursday
They've been good so far. I think there's one this Thursday. However, the Facebook stream is absolute trash. Won't stream for more then a few seconds at a time. Which reminds me, I'm going to make a post about that right now. See if everyone else is having the same problem.

Lol i love Bellator stans. Ufc does a 300k ppv, omg the Ufc is dying. Bellator does 80,000 well thats not bad.

Btw Conor vs Khabib is going to do at least 1.5 million ppv buys. Tell me again how ppv is dying?

Conor and GSP are the only fighters left that draw anything on PPV

Back