Do MW and FW have the brightest futures?

Crimson Glory

Go Pack Go!
@red
Reaction score
Just looking at the rankings.

From what I can see and I may be a bit biased towards strikers, but it looks like these two divisions have the best crop of young prospects rn. Its needed too, considering the divisions top 5 are getting up there in age.

MW:

Whittaker(Champ, but still quite young)
Costa
Adesanya
Gastelum
ACJ
Till (will eventually be a MW)

FW:

Ortega
Zabit
Yair
Bektic
Moicano
Volkanovski

Maybe we'll see a good BW move up down the line?

Most of these guys are in their late 20's, most if not all have exciting styles and we're just beginning to see what they can do.

MW is looking like it might become my new favorite division down the line.

Again, I'm probably biased, but WW, BW, even LW don't seem to have this amount of fresh talent. WW seems to have alot of grapplers, a boring champion and alot of gatekeepers who aren't getting any younger. A few guys in Edwards, Ponzinibio, Till(destined to move up) will keep the division interesting, but it's not enough.

LW is still a power house, but it's the same fighters that have been there for the past several years, not much new talent. Maybe Hernandez and Hooker will shake things up a bit.

Cliffs:

Both of these divisions have more young and exciting talent than any other division from what I can see. WW has hit a slump and LW is stacked, but stagnant.

Definitely. New talent quickly making waves, and shooting up the rankings always makes for an exciting division. The future for MW and FW is bright.

LW easily has the most elite fighters.

Theyve got double the roster than either of the divisions named. You have to go way deaper than 10 fighters to judge a division

LW
FW
WW
MW
HW
LHW
FLW

Currently

Whittaker - very average looking
Costa - hot as fuck
Adesanya - looks like mini Jones, ugly
Gastelum - above average looking Mexican with glorious hair, slightly chubby
ACJ - horseface
Till - ugly with an ugly accent

Ortega - extremely unappealing, looks like he should be albino but isn't
Zabit - looks like Lincoln
Yair - pretty good looking
Bektic - looks like a creep with his handlebar mustache, also receding hairline
Moicano - looks homeless
Volkanovski - looks like he has downs

Overall MW is way more promising thanks in large part o Paulo Costa. FW is pretty much all ugly except Yair.

LW easily has the most elite fighters.

Theyve got double the roster than either of the divisions named. You have to go way deaper than 10 fighters to judge a division

LW
FW
WW
MW
HW
LHW
FLW

Currently
The current states of the divisions isn't the topic of the thread.

"Future"

I'm just saying, in terms of where the divisions will be in 5+ years when alot of the current top 5 are retired or moved to Bellator, MW and FW seem to have the most promising and exciting crop of up and comers.

LW is stagnant, WW has hit a rough patch in terms of both young talent, exciting fighters/champion and I'd argue there are better matchups in other divisions.

The title picture at WW rn doesn't look all that appealing. T-Wood vs Covington or Usman doesn't interest me, Till will probably move up as soon as he loses to Wood, whats next after those three fights?

Magny, Maia and Thompson most likely won't be fighting for the title. Ponzy and Edwards are the only other guys who could challenge down the line. Things dont look so hot.

Yes, LW still is king in terms of depth, but I'm not arguing depth in terms of prime fighters right now, but how the divisions will look in the future.

FW and MW look like they have some of the best young talent. They're going to be on fire.

The current states of the divisions isn't the topic of the thread.

"Future"

I'm just saying, in terms of where the divisions will be in 5+ years when alot of the current top 5 are retired or moved to Bellator, MW and FW seem to have the most promising and exciting crop of up and comers.

LW is stagnant, WW has hit a rough patch in terms of both young talent, exciting fighters/champion and I'd argue there are better matchups in other divisions.

The title picture at WW rn doesn't look all that appealing. T-Wood vs Covington or Usman doesn't interest me, Till will probably move up as soon as he loses to Wood, whats next after those three fights?

Magny, Maia and Thompson most likely won't be fighting for the title. Ponzy and Edwards are the only other guys who could challenge down the line. Things dont look so hot.

Yes, LW still is king in terms of depth, but I'm not arguing depth in terms of prime fighters right now, but how the divisions will look in the future.

FW and MW look like they have some of the best young talent. They're going to be on fire.
You didnt listen to what i said at all.

You have to look past the top 10.

you have guys in LW on 5 fight winning streaks not in the top 10.

Whittaker - very average looking
Costa - hot as fuck
Adesanya - looks like mini Jones, ugly
Gastelum - above average looking Mexican with glorious hair, slightly chubby
ACJ - horseface
Till - ugly with an ugly accent

Ortega - extremely unappealing, looks like he should be albino but isn't
Zabit - looks like Lincoln
Yair - pretty good looking
Bektic - looks like a creep with his handlebar mustache, also receding hairline
Moicano - looks homeless
Volkanovski - looks like he has downs

Overall MW is way more promising thanks in large part o Paulo Costa. FW is pretty much all ugly except Yair.
You're crazy.

Bektic lookin' like a young Freddie Mercury.

I'd jump dem bones if I ever saw him, dibs!

You didnt listen to what i said at all.

You have to look past the top 10.

you have guys in LW on 5 fight winning streaks not in the top 10.
I took your comment as not getting the point of my thread.

But I see what you're saying.

You're crazy.

Bektic lookin' like a young Freddie Mercury.

I'd jump dem bones if I ever saw him, dibs!

Have you seen Bektic's lately? His hairline is going away and he looks super creepy with the handlebar.

Back when he looked like this he wasn't bad
gnizkQev_400x400.jpg

But now he looks like crap.

Just looking at the rankings.

From what I can see and I may be a bit biased towards strikers, but it looks like these two divisions have the best crop of young prospects rn. Its needed too, considering the divisions top 5 are getting up there in age.

MW:

Whittaker(Champ, but still quite young)
Costa
Adesanya
Gastelum
ACJ
Till (will eventually be a MW)

FW:

Ortega
Zabit
Yair
Bektic
Moicano
Volkanovski

Maybe we'll see a good BW move up down the line?

Most of these guys are in their late 20's, most if not all have exciting styles and we're just beginning to see what they can do.

MW is looking like it might become my new favorite division down the line.

Again, I'm probably biased, but WW, BW, even LW don't seem to have this amount of fresh talent. WW seems to have alot of grapplers, a boring champion and alot of gatekeepers who aren't getting any younger. A few guys in Edwards, Ponzinibio, Till(destined to move up) will keep the division interesting, but it's not enough.

LW is still a power house, but it's the same fighters that have been there for the past several years, not much new talent. Maybe Hernandez and Hooker will shake things up a bit.

Cliffs:

Both of these divisions have more young and exciting talent than any other division from what I can see. WW has hit a slump and LW is stacked, but stagnant.

It really makes you excited to see how these youngsters develop. Who knows? How many of the listed fighters will drop the ball? Which fighters will the UFC drop the ball with? How many will go down as hall of gamers in the distant future?

I think LW as it already has good fighters at a healthy age plus half of the featherweights mentioned will move up, most notibly, Zabit and Ortega.

The correct answer as always is lw, a division full of absolute killers.

It just appears less so because of the confusion from conor not defending and two bs champions being created just to headline cards.

Back