Dessyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I don't care how you try and swing it

a 30-13 record isn't very good

Yet this guy KOed Shogun

Shogun is 7 years past prime

Some hit their prime later, or in a different weight class or simply learn what they need about themselves later in life, or need more lessons before they get it right, that's a lot of fights btw.

He's actually 15-2 in the past 4 years, which is pretty damn good and an amazing improvement.

I don't care how you try and swing it

a 30-13 record isn't very good

Yet this guy KOed Shogun

Shogun is 7 years past prime
So it easy to accept that some fighters are on the downside, like you said Shogun, but you can't accept that others are on the upswing, like Smith?

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why people think beating Shogun Rua in 2018 is deserving of a title shot.

Indeed, because as we all know, fighters don't ever get any better than they were before.

This is Sherdog gospel/.

Does he or does not look like he's put the pieces together? Who gives a shit if he's lost 100 fights it's what he's doing now that counts.

Menial tasks, ts. Don’t ever land a position where you are required to make logical decisions for others.

giphy.gif

I was shocked when I saw his record in the introductions, and thought they might've mixed up his record with Shogun's on the graphic. It's very rare UFC signs guys with double-digit losing records who aren't big name established veterans from like PRIDE or somewhere.

It seems though that a significant portion of his losses are from his early career, and he's now experiencing a second wind after perhaps not taking the game seriously earlier on.

Then again, he did just get KO'd by Thiago Santos before the Evans win.

There's such a lack of common sense amongst " fans" that come on here.Rua (who I've been a supporter of for quite sometime) is not an elite or even top tier fighter anymore. He's only 36 but BECAUSE OF THE WAY he fights, we're basically watching a 42+ year old in the fight game.
Smith needs to check himself a bit because he also beat a "mediocre" Evans (at his stage of career).
As DC says, there are levels my friend.
I'd like to see Smith fight Latifi, OSP or even Rountree at this point and let's just see what happens. Maybe 205 is Smith's class and maybe MAYBE he is an animal .......and maybe not.We see this happen too many times and people still don't learn.

You twink Shogun fans will spin things any way you can to either make excuses for him or to take away Anthony Smith's win

He's soooo old, he's so out of his prime, he's not in PRIDE anymore, Smith isn't a good fighter, you fools sound like some little bitches on here

He's in his mid 30s at 36 yo and can take off as much time as he wants. He has good coaches and trainers, etc. "Oh, he's 7 years past his prime" and then some other butt sniffer chimes in and adds 5 years to it and says it's "12".. LOL.. Why not push it back to when he was 18 while you're at it?

30-13 is a damn good record. if i told you i been in 43 fights, and i won 30 of them, how is that not badass

this isnt boxing were everyone is 25-0

So what. Your precious Diaz brothers are 19-11 and 26-9 respectfully.

He’s still a bad motherfucker.

Back