Shogun Rua

Bodil

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
All you people saying he was on his way to reign over 205 again... just lol.

The guy is 9-9 in the UFC... he's a journeyman that had a great streak in the early 2000s, move on fanboys.

People were just hopeful. Nothing wrong with that. They wanted to see him get one more title shot. Sucks when your favourite fighters of the past turn into punching bags.

I for one didn't care about this fight. Haven't cared about Shogun since his fights with Hendo... Shogun used to be my favourite light heavyweight.

I didn't turn on him, just when he kept losing I just lost interest in the guy.

Who said he was on his way to "reign over 205 again"? Who said he would be beating guys like Gus/Volkan/DC to become Champ or "reign"?

Cut the bullshit, you're just a hater gloating in the defeat of a legend. You have no respect for these old legends cuz you're nothing more than a casual who gobbles up the semen spewing from Conor's dirty sac.

Now fuck off and go beat off to Ronda Rousey, you pathetic waste of space.

Now tell me I'm "triggered" and "lol" you little wannabe.

a 36 year old former champion, 10+ years removed from his prime loses a fight.

people who have been fans of the sport for 3 months call him a journeyman.

this truly is a day full of surprises.

a 36 year old former champion, 10+ years removed from his prime loses a fight.

people who have been fans of the sport for 3 months call him a journeyman.

this truly is a day full of surprises.

A fighter's prime ends at 25 now? Cope harder please.

People were just hopeful. Nothing wrong with that. They wanted to see him get one more title shot. Sucks when your favourite fighters of the past turn into punching bags.

I for one didn't care about this fight. Haven't cared about Shogun since his fights with Hendo... Shogun used to be my favourite light heavyweight.

I didn't turn on him, just when he kept losing I just lost interest in the guy.
you re not a real fan are you , you re only a bandwagoner

a fighter's prime isn't defined by their age, you half-witted prick.

Yes, it is.

Shogun was 16-2 after leaving pride 25 years young. He then entered the UFC and went 9-9. You're saying he left his prime at 25 years old? A fighter's prime doesn't magically end when he starts losing because it's convenient. He started fighting better men and lost half his fights, the end.

Yes, it is.

Shogun was 16-2 after leaving pride 25 years young. He then entered the UFC and went 9-9. You're saying he left his prime at 25 years old? A fighter's prime doesn't magically end when he starts losing because it's convenient. He started fighting better men and lost half his fights, the end.
so randy couture was in his prime in 1988? vitor belfort in 2002? shogun left PRIDE and had a bunch of injuries, then took the LHW belt. a fighter's prime ends when their body stops performing at the highest level, which is at a different age for any individual. some guys peak early, some peak late. the number of fights and the damage sustained in those fights is a far better metric than age, but i wouldn't expect anyone who discovered the sport 3 months ago to understand that.

but yeah, he's a nobody with a shitty record. on the same note, you have a bunch of people agreeing with you and your piece of shit thread definitely didn't get wastelanded in 10 fucking minutes. no, sir.

so randy couture was in his prime in 1988? vitor belfort in 2002? shogun left PRIDE and had a bunch of injuries, then took the LHW belt. a fighter's prime ends when their body stops performing at the highest level, which is at a different age for any individual. some guys peak early, some peak late. the number of fights and the damage sustained in those fights is a far better metric than age, but i wouldn't expect anyone who discovered the sport 3 months ago to understand that.

but yeah, he's a nobody with a shitty record. on the same note, you have a bunch of people agreeing with you and your piece of shit thread definitely didn't get wastelanded in 10 fucking minutes. no, sir.

Someone's mad. I guess I hit a nerve :)

Stay salty about your hero having double digit losses.

Back