Meeks Wrestling

Hardcore MMA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Second fight where Meek got dominated by a wrestler where he was put on his back and couldn’t do a damn thing to get up. Meek really needs to work on his wrestling or he’s going to be out of the UFC after his next fight. The guy was brought to the UFC to be an entertaining fighter, and his last 30 minutes in the octagon have been spent on his back. Any other Meek fans disappointed to see him get pinned down for 3 rounds in his last 2 fights? Where should he go to work on his wrestling?

Lately its been satisfying watching fighters get exposed in the wrestling dept..like Blaydes/Hunt.

Well, his wrestling coach was there, that short useless Latino guy
<{Heymansnicker}>

Meek is the perfect mix between a freak show and a hype train made by UFC.

Meek and wrestling should never be mentioned in the same PARAGRAPH.

reminder kamaru usman was only 8/19 on takedowns against meek who cant wrestle for shit.

#kingchaos #greatamericanwinningmachine #makewwgreatagain

He's training with Usman now. Kind of made me think differently about Usman after watching this vid:

He needs to train at Frankie’s gym

I think now more than ever you have to be a complete MMA fighter to be reasonably successful in the UFC. Complete meaning you're at very least 'good' at all aspects of MMA fighting, by this point in time everyone knows striking doesn't matter if you can't stop the take down. As much as I liked to watch him fight in stand up wars Carlos Condit couldn't stop the take down either. I would like to assume that Meek has been working on his defensive wrestling and grappling but the way he looked in this fight I'm really not even sure he knows what wrestling is.

Back