Glover Teixeira after UFC Hamburg loss to Corey Anderson: 'I can't be fighting like this'

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

“Congratulations to Corey, he took the fight short notice, but I’ve got to sit back and see what’s going on,” Teixeira said on the UFC Fight Night 134 post-fight show on FS1. “It’s a fight that I am very, very disappointed in. I can’t fight like that. I was feeling great. Last time I fought like that and somebody just dominated was by Phil Davis. But for Phil Davis I have excuses. My weight cut was very bad. This, I have no excuses. I can’t be fighting like this.”

“I have to sit back and see what’s going on,” Teixeira said. “I need to have another chance in UFC. I’ve got to change some stuff to get another chance in UFC, have another chance in the fight game. If I keep fighting like that – I can’t fight like that anymore. That was a bad fight, a really bad fight.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/07/ufc-h...-loss-corey-anderson/amp?__twitter_impression

He looked slow like shogun did and couldn’t dodge a lot of the strikes that came his way. If he keeps it up he’s gonna get knocked out multiple times to end his career like with what happened to Rashad.

Time to hang it up when you can’t see the punches coming anymore

Good on him. Always seemed like a stand up guy.

He is always slow.

The only fast movement i saw from him was when he got knocked the fook out by Rumble......"Brazilian Mike Tyson" ... my big hairy arse

Dude... this guy missed out. Took years and his Prime to get to the UFC. Hope he knows when to hang them up and not be a punching bag for a check.

gus can do that someimtes. no shame.

You just got old, mang. Ain't shit you can do about it.

WjQZ9o.png

<PlusJuan>

What to sit back and look at​

You know, out of most these guys, Glover is one of the people I respect the most. He just seems like a real good dude.

Came to the US, started as a landscaper, got into the UFC, found a nice wife here in the states, bought a house, etc. He's a blue collar guy at the end of the day and someone you could look up to.

Bad night at the office, I understand. Corey is a big guy and constantly tries to grapplefuck you and it just wasn't Glover's night, he couldn't land that bomb to stop him. Dude is bummed and probably wants to get back in there and get a win and hopefully he does next.

It's refreshingto see a guy notice he's gotten old and lost a step before trying to reinvent themselves and getting several beatings.

Maybe a camp change? Does he train with any big names? Or just local guys at the gym he owns?

Glover knows but hes still a warrior. Respect to both him and Smith. If you're hating on a guy like Glover, go fuck yourself.

Like many others before him, he was never the same after Jones, especially considering Jones hyperextended his shoulder.

He looked absolutely terrible today and hadn't looked good since the Jones fight.

He's also 38 and USADA. Either walk off into the sunset with a favorable matchup or move to Bellator and join TRTVitor.

What's going on is you're just about 40, and you never were the most athletic guy to begin with.

You know, out of most these guys, Glover is one of the people I respect the most. He just seems like a real good dude.

Came to the US, started as a landscaper, got into the UFC, found a nice wife here in the states, bought a house, etc. He's a blue collar guy at the end of the day and someone you could look up to.

Bad night at the office, I understand. Corey is a big guy and constantly tries to grapplefuck you and it just wasn't Glover's night, he couldn't land that bomb to stop him. Dude is bummed and probably wants to get back in there and get a win and hopefully he does next.

Abderson didn't just grapple fuck Glover. He rocked him around on the feet and grapple fucked him. Pretty much out classed him everywhere

I like Glover honest attitude

War Glover. Even starting the UFC at a late age he managed to go 5-0 before losing to (a quite possibly roided) Jones.

Maybe a camp change? Does he train with any big names? Or just local guys at the gym he owns?
I'm pretty sure just local guys. There's some really good bjj gyms in his area and an att in the same city but idk if he trains at att anymore

~DaViD~

Back