Mauricio Shogun Rua - Last of the Pride guard

FinalConflict2005

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Very disappointed with today’s result. However it made me reminisce what a badass Shogun truly is. He came from an era of fighting multiple times in one night. He fought everyone with disregard for a flawless record.

He generally never played it safe to win a decision. Kill or be killed was what Chute Boxe taught him.

With that said.

WARSHOGUN

0C31613D-AD79-4963-B051-772620623717.jpeg

Did you see that hit? Elbows like that are unreal.

Still, his chin is shattered, but hes got 1 more fight to prove if hes done or not. His streak earned it.

guys did the fight start yet, I know smith is the favorite but for sure shogun by ko in the 1st or 2nd.

Anderson Silva, Mark Hunt, Fabricio Werdum, Giblert Melendez

If shoguns done Pride is basically dead. Out of the guys left reem just lost twice and looks like his chin is actually fully gone, werdum looked like he may have lost a step and is suspended, Hunt is getting fed grapplers until his contract is up etc

Still some pride guys left but yeah for the most part.Imagine if Couture was Shogun's age though?He'd be in his prime in like 2037.Shogun's no Cal Ripken,sadly.

Im about done with the UFC now.

There's no one interesting left to watch.

If Khabib beats Conor, then i'm never watching another MMA/UFC fight again

I think MMA has passed as a fad. It was only ever popular because of Conor

If shoguns done Pride is basically dead. Out of the guys left reem just lost twice and looks like his chin is actually fully gone, werdum looked like he may have lost a step and is suspended, Hunt is getting fed grapplers until his contract is up etc

2018-05-25-bellator-200-gegard-mousasi.jpg

Not just Pride. It’s the last of the golden era of UFC and Pride.

Even the JBG felt a little bad accepting the sacrifice today

Im about done with the UFC now.

There's no one interesting left to watch.

If Khabib beats Conor, then i'm never watching another MMA/UFC fight again

I think MMA has passed as a fad. It was only ever popular because of Conor
Who coincidentally arrived at its peak and ruined it.

Who coincidentally arrived at its peak and ruined it.

That peak was because of Conor.

There was Liddell/Lesnar/Gsp/Ronda, but Conor took it to the next level and truly blew up MMA into the mainstream. Let Conor's 1.3 million PPV average speak for itself.

Just for perspective, Gsp the second best draw averaged 800k. Conor nearly averages DOUBLE the amount of PPVs to the guy who is #2

You know who ruined that peak? IMO...

WME/Dana White

Just some examples

Pushing guys like Jones/DC/Mini-Mouse/Smith who are NOT stars....

Allowing Shogun to fight injuried which was a scumbag move.

Letting Anderson off the hook for his failed test

After that blatant corruption I expect Jones to be suddenly let off the hook now too.

I'm done with MMA...

And I bet the UFC is going to try and push Khabib over Conor too...they truly are stupid enough to think that Khabib can be a star...The UFC deserves to be on the massive decline they are on right now after how ungrateful they have been toward Conor and for how poorly they have been treating Conor recently.

They think they can just make anyone into a star (the next Conor) They need a hard reality check...a hard life lesson

Anyway, rant over

The UFC is done. And I'm done with it. Shogun should've never been allowed to fight injuried and lose like that.

Last edited:

The UFC is done. And I'm done with it. Shogun should've never been allowed to fight injuried and lose like that.

The sooner you leave Sherdog and take your garbage posts with you the happier everyone will be.

There was Liddell/Lesnar/Gsp/Ronda, but Conor took it to the next level and truly blew up MMA into the mainstream. Let Conor's 1.3 million PPV average speak for itself.

Just for perspective, Gsp the second best draw averaged 800k. Conor nearly averages DOUBLE the amount of PPVs to the guy who is #2

You know who ruined that peak? IMO...

WME/Dana White

Just some examples

Pushing guys like Jones/DC/Mini-Mouse/Smith who are NOT stars....

Allowing Shogun to fight injuried which was a scumbag move.

Letting Anderson off the hook for his failed test

After that blatant corruption I expect Jones to be suddenly let off the hook now too.

I'm done with MMA...

And I bet the UFC is going to try and push Khabib over Conor too...they truly are stupid enough to think that Khabib can be a star...The UFC deserves to be on the massive decline they are on right now after how ungrateful they have been toward Conor and for how poorly they have been treating Conor recently.

They think they can just make anyone into a star (the next Conor) They need a hard reality check...a hard life lesson

Anyway, rant over

No one gives a shit about your meltdown. Just leave already you whining wench.

giphy.gif

Back